via press release:
Turner Sports Kicks Starts its NASCAR Summer Series from Pocono with Multi-Platform Success on TNT and NASCAR.COM
TNT’s NASCAR Race Coverage Outdelivers the Stanley Cup Finals Game #5 on NBC in Households
Turner Sports hit the track at top speed this past Sunday in Pocono with fans tuning into TNT’s Summer Series, driving the network to strong early ratings, and logging on to NASCAR.COM to deliver double digit increases on ’s site over the previous year:
- According to Nielsen Fast Nationals, TNT’s race coverage delivered a 3.3 US and 5,344,000 Total Viewers, becoming the #1 program of the day on ad-supported cable in Households, Total Viewers, Adults 25-54, Men 18-49 and Men 25-54.
- TNT’s Sprint Cup Series racing from Pocono delivered more households than the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC (3,750,000) and MTV Movie Awards (3,274,000)
- NASCAR.COM had over one million unique visitors, an increase of +13% vs. the Pocono race in 2009.
- The site received about 7.4 million page views, an increase of +25% vs. the 2009 race at Pocono.
- There were 1.5 million visits to the site which is an increase of 16% vs. the 2009 Pocono race.
- Total video streams on Sunday (on demand + live) were up 227% YOY to 724,000 streams including the 2010 debut of RaceBuddy, a multiplatform experience which features four camera angles and a mosaic view. NASCAR.COM also featured an exclusive live video chat with TNT NASCAR analyst Kyle Petty.
NASCAR on TNT and NASCAR.COM returns this weekend on Sunday, June 13 from Michigan International Speedway. Countdown to Green begins at Noon (ET). NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing from Michigan begins at 1 p.m. (ET).
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., presents some of the best and most popular sporting events worldwide and is a leader in televised and online sports programming. With events airing on TBS ,TNT and truTV, Turner Sports’ line-up includes NASCAR and NASCAR.COM, the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, professional golf, PGATOUR.COM and PGA.com. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Television Source: Nielsen Media Research based on Live + Same Day ad-supported cable data from 06/06/10. NASCAR on TNT: 6/7/09 vs. 6/6/10 (NASCAR).
Source: Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Research based on data from Omniture SiteCatalyst. Periods: 6/7/09 vs. 6/6/10 (NASCAR).