via press release:
USA CONTINUES REIGN AT #1 AS THE SUMMER OFFICIALLY BEGINS
BURN NOTICE & ROYAL PAINS Return to Dominate
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – June 8, 2010 – USA was #1 across the board this week, taking the top spot in cable’s primetime among P25-54 (1.46 million, +71% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (1.31 million, +45% over #2 TBS), P18-34 (576,000, +8% over #2 MTV), total viewers (3.51 million, +75% over #2 Disney Channel), and households (2.69 million, + 78% over #2 FOX News Channel). USA also earned the top coverage rating in basic cable prime this week with a 2.70, more than a full rating point (+1.17) over the 2nd rated FOX News Channel.
In a week of big competitive events and premieres, USA placed half of the week’s top ten P25-54 entertainment telecasts, including the top three, and four of the top ten among P18-49 with the season premieres of BURN NOTICE and ROYAL PAINS, WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and cable’s top acquired series, NCIS.
- BURN NOTICE and ROYAL PAINS were hot right out of the gate, with BURN NOTICE delivering its best season premiere numbers ever for P25-54 (2.93 million), P18-49 (2.58 million), and total viewers (6.62 million) and ROYAL PAINS outpacing last summer’s series premiere across the board in P25-54 (2.64 million), P18-49 (2.36 million), P18-34 (1.11 million), and total viewers (5.84 million).
- BURN NOTICE was the top scripted telecast in all of television Thursday night, broadcast or cable, in delivering P18-49, P18-34, M18-34, M18-49, or M25-54.
- ROYAL PAINS delivered more total viewers P2+ and P18-34 than the 2nd season premiere of any prior USA Original series.
- IN PLAIN SIGHT hit season highs this week for P25-54 (1.45 million) and P18-49 (1.24 million) while getting the second best numbers this season to date among P18-34 (437,000) and total viewers (3.48 million). P25-54 and P18-49 grew by over 30% from the last new episode and enjoyed double-digit margins over the average of prior episodes this season to date for these demos as well as for P18-34.
- More households (2.50 million) were tuned to LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT Tuesday night than to anything else on cable. CI was the top scripted telecast in the night’s prime among P25-54 (1.31 million), P18-49 (1.11 million), and total viewers (3.08 million).
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.