Here are some interesting numbers on Even in decline, 'American Idol' can't be bought for a song":from today's LA Times piece "
- > $800 million: Fox's estimated ad revenue from
- $1 - 1.5 million/hour: Hourly fee Fox pays 's producer for the first 37 episodes. More is paid for additional episodes. There were 19 hours beyond those 37 episodes last season.
- $35.5 million: "contractual license fee" in addition to hourly fees paid by Fox.
- $35 million: Simon Cowell's annual salary from Idol.
- 9%: average audience decline for between 2008-9 and 2009-10 season. (adults 18-49 decline was similar, but not noted in the article)