a more detailed release will be forthcoming, but here’s a snapshot of how the World Cup final performed on Univision:
Among Total Viewers 2+ the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa ™ final match Spain vs. The Netherlands:
- Was the highest rated World Cup finale ever on the network averaging 8.8 million Total Viewers 2+ (8,821,000) for the match
- Significantly out-performed the 2006 final, France vs. Italy by 49% (5,903,000)
- Is the 3rd most watched program, regardless of genre, in the history of Spanish-language TV, only behind Univision’s broadcast of the Mexico vs. Argentina match on June 27th (9,405,000) and the finale of Univision’s novela “Destilando Amor” (Essence of Love) on Dec. 3rd, 2007 (9,018,000)
- Additionally, Univision stations in major markets across the country out-delivered 2006 audience levels as well
Source: The Nielsen Company NPM, Live+SD. Delivery for the WC Final is based on Fast Nationals 7/11/10. Data Prior to 12/26/05 based on NHPM.
- Univision provided a full-day celebration for the highly-anticipated World Cup Final beginning at 10am ET/9am Central/7am Pacific with wall-to-wall coverage throughout the day, including the spectacular closing ceremony, the final game, Spain’s celebration of its World Cup win, special editions of Univision’s “República Deportiva” (Sports Republic) and “Primer Impacto” (First Impact) and more.
- Throughout the tournament, UnivisionFútbol.com generated 34.7 million visits across online and mobile offerings. Fans streamed over 10 million total hours of live video on UnivisionFutbol.com. On average each day, users spent nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes per viewing session across more than 265,000 unique media players. On the mobile front, the Univision Fútbol App continues to be one of the most popular apps in Apple’s App Store and on other top mobile platforms with over 450,000 downloads since it launched.