Univision Beats ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox As The #1 Network In The Country On Thursday Night Among Adults 18-49
via press release:
UNIVISION BEATS ABC, CBS, NBC AND FOX AS THE #1 NETWORK IN THE COUNTRY, REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE, ON THURSDAY NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-49 AND ADULTS 18-34
2010 EDITION OF “PREMIOS JUVENTUD” YOUTH AWARDS DELIVERS HIGHEST REACH EVER, ATTRACTING 11.4 MILLION VIEWERS WHO WATCHED ALL OR PART OF THE BROADCAST
UNIVISION RANKS AS #1 NETWORK FOR THE NIGHT AMONG ADULTS 18-34 FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR
7th Edition of Youth Awards Show Makes Univision Stations #1 in Primetime in Key Markets Across the Nation in Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34, Among Other Demos
MIAMI, FL, JULY 16, 2010 – Last night’s blowout, high-energy broadcast of Univision’s “Premios Juventud” Youth Awards (07/15/2010; 8:00-11pm ET/PT, 7pm Central) positioned it as the #1 network in the country, regardless of language, beating ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX across key demos, including Adults 18-49 (3.0 million), Adults 18-34 (1.9 million)and Persons 12-34 (2.3 million), among others. The 2010 edition of the annual youth awards show delivered its highest-reach ever, attracting 11.4 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the broadcast; that’s among all viewers, not just Hispanics. Last night marked the third consecutive year that Univision ranked as the #1 network among Adults 18-34 for the entire night during its airing of “Premios Juventud” and the fifth consecutive year among Persons 12-34.
Univision had a strong advantage over its closest competitor on Thursday night, delivering +23% more viewers (+559,000) than ABC among Adults 18-49 and registering nearly two times the Adult 18-34 and Persons 12-34 audience delivered by FOX. Additionally, the network showed double-digit audience growth over the 2009 edition of “Premios Juventud” among all key demographics, including Total Viewers 2+ (+25%), Adults 18-49 (+25%), Adults 18-34 (+39%), Persons 12-34 (+38%), Teens 12-17 (+32%) and Kids 2-11 (+57%).
The 2010 edition of “Premios Juventud:”
- Was the top-rated program on all of television last night, regardless of language, among all Adults 18-34 (1.9 million) and Persons 12-34 (2.3 million) delivering more viewers in these demographic groups than ABC’s entire line-up which consisted of original airings of “Wipeout,” “Rookie Blue” and “Boston Med” as well as CBS’ “Big Brother 12” and FOX’s “So You Think You Can Dance.”
- Was the third most-watched program of the night on television, averaging more Adult 18-49 viewers (3.0 million) than the original airings of ABC’s “Rookie Blue” and “Boston Med” and FOX’s “So You Think You Can Dance.”
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM Thursday (07/15/2010) 8:00pm-11:00pm. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume for Total Viewers 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience. Univision’s 2009 Premios Juventud aired on 07/16/2009, 8:00pm-11:00pm. Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights
- Locally, Univision’s “Premios Juventud” was the #1 program during Primetime (8:00pm-11:00pm) in the following markets:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix and Sacramento
- Among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Among Teens 12-17 in: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas and Chicago
- Univision’s “Premios Juventud” posted year-to-year audience growth in the following markets:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in: Los Angeles (+13%), New York (+16%), Miami (+21%), Houston (+25%), Dallas (+32%), Phoenix (+50%), San Francisco (+43%) and Sacramento (+33%)
- Among Adults 18-49 in: Los Angeles (+2%), New York (+11%), Miami (+5%), Houston (+31%), Dallas (+6%), Phoenix (+26%), San Francisco (+35%) and Sacramento (+15%)
- Among Adults 18-34 in: Los Angeles (+3%), New York (+31%), Houston (+40%), Chicago (+29%), Phoenix (+36%) and San Francisco (+11%)
- Among Persons 12-34 in: Los Angeles (+6%), New York (+27%), Miami (+12%), Houston (+32%), Chicago (+12%) and Phoenix (+25%)
- Among Teens 12-17 in: Los Angeles (+17%), New York (+12%), Miami (+100%), Houston (+9%) and Dallas (+44%)
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings (7/15/2010) Univision’s 2010 “Premios Juventud” telecast aired from 8:00pm-11:00pm ET/PT, 7:00-10:00pm Central. Time period data based on 8:00pm-11:00pm ET/PT, 7:00-10:00pm Central. Year-to-year comparison based on Live ratings in 2009 and Live+SD in 2010 (Live+SD not available in 2009). Live+SD.
The “Premios Juventud” Youth Awards honor musicians, actors, celebrities and athletes in 28 unconventional categories covering the world of Music, Film, Sports, Fashion and Pop Culture. Known for its unique style and blowout performances, last night’s show featured the largest number of artists and musical acts in its history. Among the biggest highlights were the performance of international superstar Shakira accompanied by over 1,000 fans dancing to “Waka Waka,” the high-impact performance of hip-hop sensation Pitbull’s greatest hits, and the off-the charts debut of Wisin y Yandel’s latest single “Irresistible” alongside the freestyle dancing crew from the upcoming movie “Step-Up 3D.” For more details on the show, please visit www.PremiosJuventud.com
Univision Communications Inc. is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Its operations include Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 95% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces telenovelas, reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for all of the Company’s platforms; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 63 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico; and Univision Interactive Media, which includes http://www.univision.com, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S., and Univision Móvil, the industry’s most comprehensive Spanish-language suite of mobile offerings. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa’s pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.univision.net