via press release:
Weekly Ratings Highlights for July 12-18, 2010 – Final National Ratings
“Sonny With A Chance” Hits Series Highs in Total Viewers and Key Kids Demos
“Wizards of Waverly Place” Posts Best Deliveries in Nearly
5 Months in Total Viewers and in 3 Months in Tweens 9-14
With the Top 10 TV Telecasts of the Week in Both Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14,
Disney Channel is TV’s No. 1 Network in Total Day and Prime in Key Kids
This Week is Disney Channel’s Most-Watched Week in Total Day
in One Year and in More Than 10 Months in Prime in Target Kids
Playhouse Disney’s “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” Ranks
Among TV’s Top 10 Programs in Target Kids 2-5 Demo
Week of July 12, 2010
- Sunday’s all new one-hour “Sonny With A Chance” (8:30 – 9:30 p.m.) ranked as the series’ No. 1 telecast of all time in Total Viewers (6.1 million), Kids 6-11 (2.6 million/10.5 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (2.6 million/10.6 rating).
- On Friday, “Wizards of Waverly Place” (8:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) posted the show’s best numbers in almost 5 months (since 2/26/10) in Total Viewers (3.6 million), and in 3 months (since 4/16/10) in Tweens 9-14 (1.4 million/5.9 rating).
- In Kids 6-11, led by “Sonny With A Chance’s” series-high delivery, Disney Channel was home to the week’s Top 10 TV telecasts:
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE-07/18/2010||DSNY||8:30 PM||9:30 PM||……S||10.5||2,581|
|HANNAH MONTANA FOREVER-07/18/2010||DSNY||8:00 PM||8:30 PM||……S||8.3||2,033|
|CAMP ROCK-07/18/2010||DSNY||9:30 PM||11:15 PM||……S||6.4||1,566|
|HANNAH MONTANA FOREVER-07/14/2010||DSNY||5:00 PM||5:25 PM||..W….||6.2||1,531|
|WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE-07/16/2010||DSNY||8:30 PM||9:00 PM||….F..||6.2||1,517|
|16 WISHES-07/15/2010||DSNY||8:00 PM||9:40 PM||…T…||6.0||1,482|
|SUITE LIFE ON DECK-07/16/2010||DSNY||8:00 PM||8:30 PM||….F..||6.0||1,474|
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE – LN-07/15/2010||DSNY||11:00 PM||11:30 PM||…T…||5.9||1,450|
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE-07/18/2010||DSNY||7:30 PM||8:00 PM||……S||5.9||1,441|
|HANNAH MONTANA FOREVER-07/18/2010||DSNY||6:30 PM||6:55 PM||……S||5.8||1,425|
- In Tweens 9-14, also fronted by “Sonny With A Chance’s” record-setting performance, Disney Channel aired the week’s Top 10 TV telecasts:
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE-07/18/2010||DSNY||8:30 PM||9:30 PM||……S||10.6||2,591|
|HANNAH MONTANA FOREVER-07/18/2010||DSNY||8:00 PM||8:30 PM||……S||8.6||2,098|
|CAMP ROCK-07/18/2010||DSNY||9:30 PM||11:15 PM||……S||6.3||1,528|
|WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE-07/16/2010||DSNY||8:30 PM||9:00 PM||….F..||5.9||1,447|
|SUITE LIFE ON DECK-07/16/2010||DSNY||8:00 PM||8:30 PM||….F..||5.5||1,346|
|SUITE LIFE ON DECK – LN-07/16/2010||DSNY||11:00 PM||11:30 PM||….F..||5.5||1,329|
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE-07/18/2010||DSNY||7:30 PM||8:00 PM||……S||5.4||1,325|
|SONNY WITH A CHANCE – LN-07/15/2010||DSNY||11:00 PM||11:30 PM||…T…||5.3||1,281|
|WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PL -LN-07/16/2010||DSNY||11:30 PM||12:00 AM||….F..||5.2||1,266|
|HANNAH MONTANA FOREVER-07/14/2010||DSNY||5:00 PM||5:25 PM||..W….||5.1||1,253|
- Disney Channel was the week’s No. 1 TV network in Total Day in Tweens 9-14 (789,000/3.2 rating) for the 5th week running, and in Kids 6-11 (893,000/3.6 rating) for the 3rd consecutive week. In Prime, Disney Channel remains TV’s No. 1 network in Kids 6-11 (1.3 million/5.2 rating) for the 272nd consecutive week, and with the streak at 269 out of 272 weeks, in Tweens 9-14 (1.0 million/4.3 rating).
- Furthermore, Disney Channel enjoyed its most-watched week in Total Day in one year (since the week of 7/13/09) and in Prime in over 10 months (since the week of 8/24/09) in both Kids 6-11 and Tweens 9-14.
- Playhouse Disney’s “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” (544,000/3.3 rating) was the week’s No. 8 program on TV among target preschoolers aged 2-5.
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, Live + Same Day, 7/12-7/18/10). Ranks based on 000s, then rating, unless otherwise noted. Excludes programs 5 minutes or shorter in duration.