via press release:
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR FASHION?
CBS ANNOUNCES A NATIONWIDE ONLINE CONTEST* ON CBS.com
TO FIND “FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN”
Winner to Be Selected by CBS, Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and NYC & Company, and Flown to New York City
for the Biggest Fashion Party in History: Fashion’s Night Out 2010
Are you a budding fashion designer? A debonair diva? Is shopping your first love? If fashion is your passion, CBS is launching a nationwide online search on CBS.com beginning today, Tuesday July 27, to find FASHION’s NUMBER ONE FAN.
Fashionistas can upload a 30- to 90-second video of themselves explaining why they love fashion and why they should be named FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN at www.CBS.com/FNO. From among the eligible videos submitted, the Top 10 finalists will be determined and announced Tuesday, Aug. 24, on CBS.com; people can then begin voting for their favorite videos until August 31 to help determine the Top 5 finalists. From the Top 5 videos, the ultimate FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN will be selected by a panel of fashion experts from CBS, Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and NYC & Company, and will win a trip to New York City in September to be part of the 2010 Fashion’s Night Out, the biggest fashion party in the world.
The winner of FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN will receive the following prizes:
- Two round-trip airline tickets to New York City for the winner and a guest
- A five-night stay for two at the five-star Mandarin Oriental, New York
- Two exclusive seats to Fashion’s Night Out: The Show at Lincoln Center on Sept. 7, 2010
- The lucky winner will be driven in the all new 2011 Volkswagen Jetta for Fashion’s Night Out
- Two tickets to a Fashion Week show
- Exclusive Fashion’s Night Out merchandise
- Two tickets to Green Day’s American Idiot on Broadway
- One year’s worth of Maybelline New York cosmetics in a signature makeup artist kit
- A $500 Macy’s electronic gift card, plus an appointment with a Macy’s by Appointment (MBA) personal shopper
Guidelines for FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN Submissions:
- Fans (at least 18 years old) can submit a 30- to 90-second video clip of themselves explaining why they are FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN. Details about video submissions can be found at www.CBS.com/FNO.
- Videos for FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN consideration should be submitted and uploaded at www.CBS.com/FNO no later than Friday, Aug. 20, 2010, at 11:59 AM, PT.
- On Tuesday, August 24, 2010, CBS.com will announce the Top 10 finalists. People can then vote on their favorite finalists until August 31, 2010 to help determine the Top 5 video submissions.
- From the Top 5 videos, the ultimate winner – chosen by a panel of fashion professionals from CBS, Vogue, the CFDA and NYC & Company – will be announced on www.cbs.com/FNO on Sept. 3, 2010.
FASHION’S NUMBER ONE FAN is part of CBS’s coverage of Fashion’s Night Out. CBS will present a primetime special about the making of Fashion’s Night Out, FASHION’s NIGHT OUT 2010, which will be broadcast Tuesday, Sept. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). The upcoming special will focus on year two of Fashion’s Night Out, beginning with the largest public fashion show in New York City history, with nearly 200 models at Lincoln Center on Sept. 7, 2010. Fashion’s Night Out comes three days later, on Sept. 10, 2010, in New York City and cities across the country and the globe. CBS cameras will take viewers behind the scenes during months of intense planning and preparation and tracking the night itself as it unfolds across the globe. Cameras will follow celebrities, designers, editors and retailers as they prepare for one of the most anticipated events of the year, providing a unique view of the creative and logistical work that goes into coordinating an event of this scale. Profiles will include some of fashion’s most famous icons, along with the industry’s most exciting emerging talent. Looking beyond the glamour to the real-life implications at stake, the show will focus on individuals working in all parts of the industry, from salespeople to design staff, for whom the vibrancy of the fashion business is a question of economic survival.
Now in its second year, Fashion’s Night Out, a worldwide initiative to celebrate fashion and support local economies, was launched in 2009 by Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, and NYC & Company in response to the global economic downturn – it is a party with a purpose that no one should miss. For more information on Fashion’s Night Out, please visit: www.fashionsnightout.com.