via press release:
ORIGINALS LEAD CHARGE AS USA CONTINUES AT #1
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – August 3, 2010 – USA topped the week again as the only cable network to average over 1 million in P25-54 (1.30 million, +34% over #2 TNT), 1 million in P18-49 (1.19 million, +33% over #2 Discovery Channel), 3 million total viewers (3.05 million, +11% over #2 Disney Channel), or 2 million households (2.25 million, +14% over #2 Disney Channel). USA was also the only basic cable network to earn over a 2.0 household coverage(2.26, +0.27 over #2 Disney Channel).
Driven by originals, , , , and , and WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW, USA delivered more M18-34 than any broadcast network except for FOX. USA also tripled the total viewers delivery of The CW (+223%) and doubled the network’s audiences among P18-49 (+156%), P25-54 (+187%), and P18-34 (+124%).
- and were the only scripted telecasts in the week’s basic cable prime top ten among P18-49 ( 2.20 million / 1.96 million) and ranked as the top two scripted telecasts in this week’s basic cable prime among P25-54 ( 2.52 million / 2.35 million).
- was the top scripted telecast in Thursday’s basic cable prime among P18-49 (2.20 million) and households (3.65 million). In BURN NOTICE’s 9P timeslot, USA was the #1 network on television, broadcast or cable, in delivering M18-34/M18-49/M25-54/ total males, while outperforming every television network except for ABC and FOX in P18-49 and P25-54.
- also had a sunny week, placing second only to BURN NOTICE Thursday night among P25-54 (2.35 million) and, among scripted fare, P18-49 (1.96 million), total viewers (5.07 million), and households (3.54 million). In the 10P hour, when the network aired ROYAL PAINS, USA was the top network on television for M25-54, beating all broadcasters in P18-34 and P18-49, and performing second only to CBS in P25-54.
- More households were tuned to(3.59 million) Tuesday night than anything else in basic cable prime. and were the top two scripted telecasts in the night’s basic cable prime among P25-54 ( 2.04 million / 1.48 million), P18-49 (1.86 million / 1.32 million), total viewers (4.83 million / 3.72 million), and households (3.59 million / 2.82 million).
- More viewers tuned intothis past week then have since last season’s premiere as the total viewers audience (3.74 million) was its largest since the 1/27/10 episode, making this the 2nd best performance for the series without a Monk lead-in. Every demo and gender break grew from last week, allowing the show to boast larger P18-49 (1.53 million) and F25-54 (810,000) audiences than it had for the season premiere two weeks ago.
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW attracted more total viewers P2+ (5.20 million) this week than the show has since the Monday after Wrestlemania (3/29/10), breaking 5 million viewers and 2.5 million P25-54 (2.51 million) for only the second time since then. Raw was the #1 show in basic cable prime Monday, taking the top two telecasts and delivering more P25-54 and P18-49 (2.43 million) than anything else.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.