via ABC press notes:
- Finishing #2 on the night in Adults 18-49, ABC marked its strongest Tuesday in 6 weeks with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 – since 6/22/10.
- Growing year to year on the night for the 4th week in a row, ABC more than doubled it Tuesday results from the same night last year in Total Viewers (+133%) and Adults 18-49 (+110%). In fact the Net has been up year to year on Tuesday on 9 of 10 weeks this summer.
- ABC’s Wipeout stood as the most-watched TV show in 8 o’clock hour and as Tuesday’s #2 TV show among Adults 18-49. Wipeout attracted its largest audience in 6 weeks (since 6/22/10), registering the series’ 2nd-biggest audience this season.
- At 9pm, against stiff unscripted competition on NBC (America’s Got Talent) and Fox (a Hell’s Kitchen-led Masterchef), ABC’s second-season premiere of Shaq Vs. was up by 1.2 million viewers and by 12% in Adults 18-49 over its year-ago series debut (on 8/18/09), hitting series-highs on both Nielsen measures.
- At 10pm, ABC News’ repeat airing of Primetime What Would You Do? was up week to week by 7% in Adults 18-49, generating ABC’s 2nd-highest non-sports numbers in the hour this summer in viewers and young adults.