via press release:
New and Returning Original Series Lead truTV to Biggest Summer Ever
truTV shined this summer with an original lineup that included Operation Repo, All Worked Up, The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest…, It Only Hurts When I Laugh and Top 20 Most Shocking, along with the new, record-breaking series Hardcore Pawn. truTV is on track to score its best summer ever among its targeted demographics, while also garnering a Top 10 finish with men 18-49.
“This summer, truTV again proved itself to be one of cable’s rising stars,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV. “We look forward to carrying this success through the rest of the year with the return of such series as Black Gold, Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel and Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, as well as the debut of Ma’s Roadhouse.”
truTV’s summer includes the following highlights:
- The network is on pace to score its best summer ever among two key demographics, adults 18-49 (537,000) and men 18-49 (298,000), with the latter category delivering a Top 10 finish.
- truTV continues to strengthen its brand and achieve outstanding audience growth. Since the January 2008 rebranding of the network, truTV’s primetime audience has grown 19% among adults 18-34, 15% among adults 18-49, 36% among men 18-34 and 39% among men 18-49.
- truTV’s record-breaking summer includes the network’s biggest series launch ever, the Monday, Aug. 17, premiere of Hardcore Pawn, which was watched by 2 million viewers, 1 million adults 18-49 and 568,000 men 18-49.
- The Monday, Aug. 9, season finale of the hit series All Worked Up scored truTV’s biggest audience of the summer among adults 18-49 (1.3 million) and men 18-49 (778,000).
- Operation Repo (Mondays at 9:30 p.m.), All Worked Up (Mondays at 10 p.m.), The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… (Thursdays at 9 p.m.), It Only Hurts When I Laugh (Thursdays at 10 p.m.) and Top 20 Most Shocking (Thursdays at 10pm) each ranked among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in their timeslots in delivery of men 18-49. In addition, Operation Repo and It Only Hurts When I Laugh (Thursdays at 10 p.m.) claimed Top 5 cable entertainment rankings for their timeslots in delivery of adults 18-49.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 93 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series Black Gold, Operation Repo, The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.