Summer Glau's Internet minions continue to do her bidding...
via press release:
BRAVO'S TELEVISIONWITHOUTPITY.COM ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF THE 2010 TUBEY AWARDS
Tubeys Garner Over 3.2 Million Votes, Up 39 % Versus 2009 Awards
NEW YORK – August 25, 2010 – This summer, Bravo's TelevisionWithoutPity.com, the popular website for TV lovers, brought TV fans the annual Tubey Awards, a unique opportunity for TV junkies to choose the best, worst, most painful and just plain craziest characters, series, moments and more from the 2009-2010 television season. The response was a record-breaking 3.2 million votes cast in over 70 fun and quirky categories, up 39 percent in voter participation versus the 2009 Tubey Awards.
Unlike traditional television awards, The Tubeys go beyond recognizing the best shows and performers with fun, quirky categories that speak to what discerning TV fans are really discussing. Fans were able to vote for their favorites in 72 unique categories. For a full list of winners, please visit http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/tubeys/.
Winners were announced today and include:
· Best Comedy: "Glee" (Fox)
· Most Improved Show: "Parks and Recreation" (NBC)
· Most Painful Series Cancellation: "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" (NBC)
· Best Reality Show Moment: "Jersey Shore – Snooki Gets Punched in the Face" (MTV)
· Most Welcome New Character: Godric, "True Blood" (HBO)
· Best Candid Reality Show: "Mythbusters" (Discovery)
· Most Anticipated New Series of 2010-2011: "The Cape" (NBC)
· Best Romantic Relationship: House and Cuddy, "House" (Fox)
· Favorite Character: Sarah Walker, "Chuck" (NBC)
· Favorite Actor: Nathan Fillion, "Castle" (ABC)
· Best Season Finale: "The Vampire Diaries" (CW)
· Best Returning Show: "Mad Men" (AMC)
· Least Improved Show: "Heroes” (NBC)
· Worst Reality Show: "Jon & Kate Plus 8" (TLC)
TelevisionWithoutPity.com, the premiere internet destination for the discerning television "junkie," is a part of Bravo's portfolio of linked digital assets and broadband properties including www.BravoTV.com. TelevisionWithoutPity.com provides witty, no-holds-barred episode recaps, daily blogs, galleries, video and fan forums about television's most popular dramas, comedies and reality shows. It has penetrated the pop culture-obsessed audience, drawing the devoted attention of viewers, stars and Hollywood producers alike, and includes MoviesWithoutPity.com and BrilliantButCancelled.com.
Bravo is a program service of NBC Universal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBC Universal one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBC cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information visit www.bravotv.com. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BravoPR.