via press release:
SUMMER BELONGS TO USA NETWORK
USA Captures 5th Straight Summer Win
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – August 25, 2010 – USA sizzled this summer, shining above every cable competitor in delivering P25-54 (1.44 million, +31% over #2 TNT), P18-49 (1.30 million, +36% over #2 TNT), P18-34 (566,000, +15% over #2 TBS), total viewers (3.45 million, +25% over #2 Disney Channel), and households (2.59 million, +32% over #2 Disney Channel) in primetime. USA was the only basic cable network to earn a household coverage rating over a 2.0 this summer (2.6, +0.6 over #2 Disney Channel). USA was also the only network to average over 1 million in P18-49, half a million in P18-34, 3 million total viewers or 2 million households.
USA’s Summer 2010 was the 2nd most-watched ever -- for any cable network -- in total viewers and households, topped only by USA’s Summer 2009
USA continues to out-perform The CW with three times the number of total viewers (+240%) and P25-54 (+193%) and twice as many P18-49 (+149%) and P18-34 (+104%) viewers. Cable’s top network also outperformed CBS among M18-34 this summer.
- ROYAL PAINS and BURN NOTICE were the top two scripted series on basic cable this summer among P25-54 (RP 3.28 million / BN 3.24 million) and P18-49 (RP 2.88 million /BN 2.89 million), These two series were second only to Lie To Me in all of television for ad-supported scripted programs.
- When USA aired ROYAL PAINS Thursdays at 10P this summer, USA was second only to ABC in all of television, broadcast or cable, in the hour among P18-49 and P25-54
- BURN NOTICE was the most watched scripted series in basic cable prime this summer in M25-54 (1.68 million), M18-49 (1.49 million), M18-34 (663,000), and total males (3.44 million), beating everything on CBS in those demos, as well. When the network aired BURN NOTICE Thursdays at 9P in summer, USA was second only to ABC in delivering M25-54, M18-49, M18-34 and total males.
- USA delivered a one-two punch on Tuesdays this summer as the prime time partners in crime COVERT AFFAIRS and WHITE COLLAR became the night's two most watched scripted series on cable, placing 1st and 2nd, respectively, among P25-54 (CA 2.82 million / WC 2.12 million), P18-49 (2.65 million / 2.02 million), and total viewers (6.3 million / 5 million).
- COVERT AFFAIRS is poised to be the #1 new series of the year among P18-49 (2.65 million) continuing USA’s tradition of launching the hottest shows on cable for a fifth straight year. This was the 3rd most watched scripted series in basic cable prime this summer, behind ROYAL PAINS and BURN NOTICE, in P18-49 delivery. COVERT AFFAIRS not only enjoyed the largest P18-49 audience of any series launch this year to date (2.76 million), it consistently grew its audience, hitting series highs in week 6, an extremely rare feat. COVERT AFFAIRS is ahead of TNT's rookie series Rizzoli & Isles by +16% P18-49 and +88% P18-34.
- WHITE COLLAR, returning in one of the most competitive timeslots of the summer, outperformed CBS head-to-head Tuesdays at 9pm in delivering P18-49 and P18-34.
- PSYCH was the top scripted series on Wednesdays this summer among P18-49 (2.0 million) and P18-34 (987,000). PSYCH beat every other network on television, broadcast or cable, in delivering M18-49 in its Wednesday 10pm timeslot this summer, placing second only to NBC in P18-49 delivery and outperforming every broadcast network in P18-34 delivery. PSYCH delivered more P25-54 and total viewers than ABC head-to-head.
- IN PLAIN SIGHT wrapped up its 3rd season as the #1 series on Wednesday nights among P25-54 (2.07 million) and total viewers (4.93 million). When USA aired IN PLAIN SIGHT Wednesdays at 10pm this summer it outperformed ABC in total viewers and all key demos: P25-54, P18-49, and P18-34.
*Data includes L7 data through 8/8 and LS data 8/9 -8/22
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.