via press release:
truTV’s Hot Summer Leads to Biggest Third Quarter Ever and Sets Stage for Record-Breaking Year
Hot on the heels of scoring its biggest summer ever,fast-growing network truTV secured its best third quarter ever and is on its way to its biggest year ever. Hit series like, All Worked Up, The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest…, It Only Hurts When I Laugh, Top 20 Most Shocking and the new, record-breaking series have lifted the network to its best third-quarter performance ever among adults 18-49 and men 18-49. truTV, which has steadily climbed the charts since its January 2008 rebranding, also garnered a Top 10 primetime finish for the quarter with men 18-49.
“truTV’s branding and programming strategy is paying off with one record-breaking performance after another,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV. “This quarter also brought us one step closer to chalking up truTV’s biggest year ever.”
truTV’s outstanding performance includes the following highlights:
· truTV followed its record-breaking summer with the network’s biggest third quarter ever in primetime, with 555,000 adults 18-49 and 308,000 men 18-49, with each demo up 7% compared to Q3 2009. Delivery of total viewers grew 6% to more than 1.1 million.
· truTV finished among ad-supported cable’s Top 10 networks for the quarter in primetime delivery of men 18-49.
· truTV is on track to score its best year ever in primetime delivery of several key demographics, including adults 18-34 and 18-49, men 18-34 and 18-49 and women 18-49. The network is also on pace to score its best year ever in total day.
· truTV’s success is an ongoing phenomenon that began with the January 2008 transition from Court TV to truTV. Since Q4 2007, the last quarter before the rebranding, truTV’s primetime audience is up 39% with adults 18-34, 20% with adults 18-49, 60% with men 18-34 and 42% with men 18-49.
· Prior to being rebranded, the former Court TV ranked 17th among ad-supported cable networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-49. This year, truTV ranks 13th. In total day, truTV’s delivery of adults 18-49 has lifted the network from 20th to 12th place. In addition, truTV is now one of ad-supported cable’s Top 20 networks in delivery of adults 18-34.
· truTV’s original series – including All Worked Up,, , The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest…, It Only Hurts When I Laugh and Top 20 Most Shocking – have frequently ranked among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in their timeslots. The Aug. 9 season finale of All Worked Up delivered 2.4 million viewers, while the Aug. 16 premiere of chalked up the network’s biggest series launch ever, with 2 million viewers.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 93 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series , , The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.