via press release:
USA WINS 3RD QUARTER MAKING HISTORY AGAIN
USA’s historic consecutive quarter win streak increases to 17
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – September 28, 2010 – USA sizzled in 3Q10, shining above every cable competitor in delivering P25-54 (1.37 million, +25% over #2 TNT) and breaking records this quarter as the only cable network to average over 3 million total viewers (3.26 million, +28% over #2 TNT), the only entertainment network to average over 1 million in P18-49 (1.25 million +34% over TNT) and the only ad-supported cable network with over 2 million households viewing (2.46 million, 26% over #2 TNT) in 3Q10’s primetime. USA was one of only two entertainment networks to deliver over half a million P18-34 in 3Q10 (562,000).
USA’s 3Q10 victory is only second to its record-setting third quarter in 2009 as the most watched 3Q for any basic cable prime network in P25-54 and P18-49 as well as the most watched in any quarter for any entertainment network ever in total viewers.
These 3Q10 victories are USA’s 17th consecutive quarterly wins among ad supported entertainment networks in delivering P25-54, P18-49, total viewers P2+, and households—the longest winning streaks ever in any of these measurements.
- and were the top two ad-supported scripted series with new episodes on television in 3Q10, broadcast or cable, among P25-54 (RP 3.47 million / BN 3.45 million), P18-49 (BN 3.13 million / RP 3.06 million), and total male viewers (BN 3.66 million / RP 3.19 million). No other ad-supported series on cable delivered over 3 million in P18-49 in 3Q10. Among P18-34, (1.36 million) was second only to on FOX.
- When the network aired Thursdays at 9P in 3Q10, USA was second only to NBC in delivering P18-49 and all male demos M18-49/25-54/total males/18-34. USA delivered more P25-54 than FOX and CBS, more P18-34 than ABC or CBS, and more total viewers and households than FOX in ’s timeslot.
- When the network aired Thursdays at 10P in 3Q10, USA outperformed ABC and CBS among P18-49, P25-54, and P18-34 and beating ABC in total viewers and households. USA delivered more F18-49 and F25-54 than any broadcast network head-to-head, coming in second only to CBS in all of television, broadcast or cable, in the hour among total females.
- and were the top two scripted series on cable Tuesdays in 3Q10, placing 1st and 2nd, respectively, among P25-54 (CA 3.04 million / WC 2.45 million), P18-49 (2.81 million / 2.29 million), total viewers (6.70 million / 5.59 million), and households (4.83 million / 4.07 million).
- was the most watched scripted series on cable among P18-34 Tuesdays in 3Q10. is poised to be the #1 new series of the year among P18-49, continuing USA’s tradition of launching the hottest shows on cable for a fifth year, having enjoyed the largest P18-49 audience of any series launch this year to date (2.76 million). When USA aired Tuesdays at 10P in 3Q10, the network was second only to NBC in delivering P25-54, P18-49, and total viewers.
- returned in one of the most competitive timeslots of the quarter but delivered more P18-49 to its Tuesday 9P-10P time period than CBS head-to-head, more P18-34 than ABC or CBS, and more total viewers and households than ABC.
- blew the minds of more P18-49 (2.27 million), total viewers (4.85 million), M25-54 (1.13 million), and total males (2.29 million) Wednesday nights this quarter than anything else on cable, as well as placing 1st among households (3.35 million). was also the top scripted series on cable Wednesday nights among P25-54 (2.32 million) and P18-34 (1.15 million). was the only series on cable Wednesdays in 3Q10 to deliver over 4.5 million total viewers , 1 million in M25-54, or 2 million total males and was the only scripted series to draw over 2 million in P18-49 or 1 million in P18-34.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 98.5 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.