via press release:
Weather Proof Returns to The Weather Channel Oct. 2 with New Extreme Weather Experiments
Meteorologist Stephanie Abrams Takes Viewers on Worst-case Weather Scenarios from Avalanches to Flash Floods
Season Two of Weather Proof Sponsored by SERVPRO®
ATLANTA (Sept. 29, 2010) – The Weather Channel® (TWC) presents brand new episodes of Weather Proof, beginning Oct. 2 at 9 p.m. ET, hosted by fun, fearless meteorologist Stephanie Abrams as she takes viewers on extreme weather experiments. Joining her again for season two is special effects expert and Hollywood stuntman Newton Wimer, who will help test products, homes, cars and much more to find out if they stand up against Mother Nature’s fury.
Produced by Peacock Productions, each half-hour episode will put Stephanie and Newton in worst-case weather scenarios to demonstrate what to do in each situation and offer viewers helpful tips on how to protect themselves. This season, Stephanie and Newton will simulate severe weather conditions including avalanches, black ice, flash floods and tornadoes.
For the entire month of October, Weather Proof will be sponsored by SERVPRO®, the fire and water cleanup and restoration specialists. A custom spot will air in between the show’s segments incorporating SERVPRO®’s tagline “Like it never even happened,” with the destructive elements in Weather Proof, tearing things down while SERVPRO® cleans it up.
Catch all-new episodes of Weather Proof at 9 p.m. ET, Saturdays in October.
- “Trapped” premieres Oct. 2 – Stephanie and Newton show us how to escape alive from an avalanche, burning house and submerged car. Weather Proof tests avalanche detection devices and fireproof while “trapped” in some of these most feared situations.
- “Gimme Shelter” premieres Oct. 9 – Weather Proof tests various shelters to see how much they can endure from Mother Nature. Stephanie and Newton light things up to see what type of walls help protect houses from being engulfed in flames. The team goes camping during thunderstorms and flash floods to discover if tents stay dry, and brave freezing temperatures and frostbite to see how an igloo can help protect you from a snowstorm.
- “Car vs. Road” premieres Oct. 16 – This ultimate road test puts cars up against flash floods, mudslides, black ice and fog. Discover what types of tires work best when battling these extreme weather elements, and learn about the dangers of driving in the fog and what safety precautions should be taken.
- “Twister” premieres Oct. 23 – Weather Proof puts your car and roof to the test during a tornado. The team simulates tornado-type winds to see what happens while driving during a tornado and what types of roofs will best withstand a tornado. And is there a way to “blow up” a tornado? Newton gives it his best shot.
- “Deluge” premieres Oct. 30 – In this episode, Weather Proof takes on Mother Nature’s worst water dangers. Find out what types of tires can help avoid hydroplaning in a thunderstorm. The team interviews tsunami experts to find better ways to protect coastlines.