via press release:
CHEF GORDON RAMSAY CELEBRATES THE MILESTONE 100TH EPISODE OF “HELL’S KITCHEN” BY SHARING HIS HOTTEST KITCHEN TIPS
Contestants from All Eight Seasons of the Hit Series
Name 100 of Their Most Useful Cooking Suggestions
Online at www.fox.com/hellskitchen/cookingtips
After enduring 99 culinary challenges on HELL’S KITCHEN, Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay has seen it all – from sloppy services and disastrous dishes to mouth-watering plates and passionate contestants. To help celebrate the 100th episode of HELL’S KITCHEN, airing Wednesday, Oct. 13 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, Chef Ramsay shares five of his favorite kitchen tips to help you prepare a successful meal of your own.
As part of the HELL’S KITCHEN 100th episode celebration, current and past contestants from all eight sizzling seasons have compiled a list of 100 handy cooking tips to help prepare a HELL’S KITCHEN-worthy dinner service at www.fox.com/hellskitchen/cookingtips.
CHEF RAMSAY’S COOKING TIPS
- Prepare for Success – Before you begin cooking a dish, have all your ingredients prepared and ready to use.
- Patience Is A Virtue – When cooking a steak, be patient and make sure the pan is sizzling hot before adding the meat. This ensures a perfectly seared meat.
- The Spice of Life – Always keep garlic ready to use in the freezer. Blitz a few cloves in the blender and freeze them in an ice cube tray. They’re perfect for use in sauces and stews.
- Don’t Be Wasteful – After cooking chicken, fish or beef, don’t toss the leftover bones – they are key to making perfectly flavored stock! Simmer the bones in water with a carrot, an onion, several peppercorns and a bay leaf for one to two hours.
- Keep It Hot, Hot, Hot! – Never open the oven when baking. The cold air will sink your cake.
On the two-hour milestone 100th episode, Chef Ramsay challenges the teams to shop on a budget and transform four classic ingredients into elegant dishes worthy of fine dining. Four special judges critique the teams’ creations, and HELL’S KITCHEN welcomes some special guests to the show’s most elegant dinner service to date. Find out which contestants achieve near perfection and who cracks under pressure and gets sent home.
HELL’S KITCHEN is produced by ITV Studios America in association with A. Smith & Co. Productions. Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers.