‘Hawaii Five-0’ and ‘The Mentalist’ Most Played Back Shows on DVR for Second Consecutive Week
via press release:
“HAWAII FIVE-0” AND “THE MENTALIST” ARE THE MOST
PLAYED-BACK SHOWS FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK
“Hawaii Five-0” Adds +3.32 Million Viewers and +1.1 Rating Points in Adults 18-49
“The Mentalist” Gains an Additional +3.27 Million Viewers and +1.0 Ratings Point in Adults 18-49
DVR Playback Vaults “Hawaii Five-0” into the Nielsen Top 10 among All Network Shows for the Second Straight Week
Freshman Drama “Blue Bloods” Adds 2.48 Million Viewers
Live Plus 7-Day Playback Boosts CBS’s Second Week Ratings By +1.58 Million Viewers and +0.6 Rating Points in Adults 18-49,
More Than Any Other Network
Nine CBS Programs See Audience Gains of More Than
+2 Million Viewers and Four Programs Are Boosted By at Least a Full Rating Point in Adults 18-49, More Than Any Other Network
HAWAII FIVE-0 and THE MENTALIST were again the most played-back shows in viewers, with both series gaining well over 3 million additional viewers and at least a full rating point in adults 18-49, when factoring in live plus 7-day playback for the second week of the 2010-2011 season ending Oct. 3.
In week two of the season, CBS gained +1.58 million viewers over its live plus same day average (+13%), an additional +0.6 of a rating points in adults 18-49 (+19%) and seven-tenths of a rating point in adults 25-54 (+18%).
HAWAII FIVE-0 gained an additional +3.32 million viewers (and +1.1 rating points in adults 18-49) while THE MENTALIST also added +3.27 million more viewers (and +1.0 ratings points in adults 18-49).
With live plus 7-day playback, HAWAII FIVE-0 ranked ninth among all primetime programs among viewers in week two, the second consecutive week that DVR playback vaulted it into the top 10.
DVR 7-Day Playback Lift to CBS Television Network:
Viewers A18-49 A25-54
Live Plus Same Day Week 2 Avg. 11.88m 3.1 4.0
Live Plus 7-Day Week 2 Avg. 13.46m 3.7 4.7
+1.58m +0.6 +0.7
+13% +19% +18%
- Among viewers, CBS had nine programs increase their audience by two million viewers or more.
- Among adults 18-49, CBS had four programs increase by a full rating point or more.
- Additionally, CBS had another 12 programs with audience gains of one million viewers or more and another 16 programs that gained at least half a rating point among adults 18-49.
DVR 7-Day Playback Lift for CBS Series:
CBS programs with lifts of two million viewers or more:
- HAWAII FIVE-0 (+3.32m to 16.07m)
- THE MENTALIST (+3.27m to 17.95m)
- BLUE BLOODS (+2.48m to 13.83m)
- CRIMINAL MINDS (+2.48m to 17.07m)
- NCIS (+2.40m to 21.57m)
- THE GOOD WIFE (P) (+2.22m to 15.12m)
- CSI (+2.14m to 15.88m)
- THE BIG BANG THEORY (+2.17m to 15.25m)
- TWO AND A HALF MEN (+2.10m to 16.02m)
CBS programs with lifts of a full rating point or more in adults 18-49:
- HAWAII FIVE-0 (+1.1 to 4.7)
- CRIMINAL MINDS (+1.1 to 4.7)
- THE BIG BANG THEORY (+1.1 to 5.5)
- THE MENTALIST (+1.0 to 4.0)
CBS programs with lifts of a full rating point or more in adults 25-54
- HAWAII FIVE-0 (+1.5 to 6.2)
- CRIMINAL MINDS (+1.2 to 6.0)
- THE MENTALIST (+1.2 to 5.3)
- TWO AND A HALF MEN (+1.1 to 6.9)
- THE BIG BANG THEORY (+1.1 to 6.5)
- NCIS (+1.0 to 6.4)
- CSI (+1.0 to 5.1)
THE TOP 15 MOST PLAYED-BACK PROGRAMS IN WEEK TWO 2010
|Program Title||Network||Lift PER2+ (000) Gains|
|GOOD WIFE, THE||CBS||2223|
|BIG BANG THEORY, THE||CBS||2166|
|TWO AND A HALF MEN||CBS||2095|