via press release:
HISTORY® Has Historic Month
of October Ratings
Dubbed the Fastest Growing Television Network in October
New York, November 2, 2010 – With 5 highly successful series scheduled in October –, , IRT Deadliest Roads, and – HISTORY experienced its best October of all time with year over year increases posted in all key demos.
Versus last October, HISTORY is up by more total viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 than any other television network, broadcast or cable. In addition, HISTORY garnered its best-ever October, with year-to-year gains above 50% across all key demographics.
October 2010 average vs. October 2009 average
- Adults 25-54: 802,000 up +64% from October 2009 (490,000)
- Adults 18-49: 749,000 up +77% (422,000)
- Total Viewers: 1.6 million up +64% (976,000)
During the month, HISTORY was driven by 5 hit series, which averaged:
- American Pickers (2 new episodes) – 3.9 million total viewers, 1.9 million Adults 25-54, and 1.7 million Adults 18-49. American Pickers remains the #1 new non-fiction series on cable among all key demos
- American Restoration (2 new episodes) – 3.7 million total viewers and 1.8 million Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 – making it the second best series launch for the network among total viewers.
- IRT Deadliest Roads (4 new episodes) – 2.6 million total viewers, 1.3 million Adults 25-54 and 1.3 million Adults 18-49. On its debut night, the series premiere took top honors as the #1 show on cable among Adults 25-54 (2.1 million).
- Pawn Stars (4 new episodes) – 4.4 million total viewers, 2.3 million Adults 25-54 and 2.2 million Adults 18-49.
- Swamp People (4 new episodes) – 3 million total viewers, 1.5 million Adults 25-54 and 1.6 million Adults 18-49.
2010 to date HISTORY is averaging 1.6 million total viewers, 788,000 Adults 25-54 and 716,000 Adults 18-49. The network is on pace to have its best year of all-time across key demos.
HISTORY® and HISTORY HD® are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture. Among the network's program offerings are hit series such as www.history.com, is the leading online resource for all things history, featuring over 20,000 videos, images, audio clips, articles and interactive features that allow visitors to dig deeper into a broad range of thousands of historical topics., , The Universe, , Chasing Mummies, and , as well as acclaimed specials including America the Story of Us, WWII in HD, 102 Minutes That Changed America, Moonshot and Life After People. HISTORY has earned four Peabody Awards, eight Primetime Emmy® Awards, 12 News & Documentary Emmy® Awards and received the prestigious Governor's Award from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the network's Save Our History® campaign dedicated to historic preservation and history education. Take a Veteran to School Day is the network's latest initiative connecting America's schools and communities with veterans from all wars. The HISTORY website, located at