via press release:
RECORD BREAKING AUDIENCE FOR THE 2010 EDITION OF UNIVISION’S LATIN GRAMMY® AWARDS AMONG ALL VIEWERS
Univision #1 Network for the Night Among All Adults 18-34 and #3 Among Adults 18-49, Beating NBC, FOX and CW
Univision Stations #1 in Major Markets Across the Country
MIAMI, FL, NOVEMBER 12, 2010 – Last night’s spectacular telecast of the 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY? Awards LIVE from Las Vegas, NV on Univision delivered a record performance among Total Viewers 2+, attracting 6.2 million. With the Latin GRAMMYs® (Thursday, 11/11/10; 8pm ET/PT, 7PM Central), Univision was the #1 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34, attracting an average of 2.0 million and 2.4 million viewers in each respective demo. Among Adults 18-49, Univision took the #3 spot with the Latin GRAMMY® Awards, averaging 3.5 million viewers, beating NBC and FOX. The Latin Grammy Awards reached 12.5 million viewers who watched some or all of the broadcast.
“We are extremely proud of last night’s Latin GRAMMY® award telecast and its performance across key demos all over the nation,” said Cesar Conde, president of Univision Networks. “Specials like these are a testament to the unparalleled entertainment offerings our network delivers for our viewers, as well as our advertising partners, and the outstanding production values Univision offers. This builds on our commitment to continuously entertain, inform and empower our viewers and we could not be happier with the success this event, along with our other specials such as ‘Premio Lo Nuestro’ and ‘Premios Juventud,’ enjoys each year.”
Additional Network Highlights:
- The 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards on Univision ranked as the fourth most-watched program on broadcast television last night, delivering more Adults 18-34 than every primetime program on CBS (“ ,” “S#*! ,” “ ” and “The ”), FOX (“ ” and “ ”) and CW (“ ” and “ ”).
- The Latin music awards delivered more Person 12-34 viewers than ABC’s “ ;” CBS’s “S#*! ,” “ ,” and “The ;” NBC’s “ ,” “ ” and “ ;” and every primetime program on FOX (“ ” and “ ”) and CW (“ ” and “ ”).
- The show also out-delivered first-run episodes of NBC’s “ ,” “ ,” and “ ,” FOX’s “ ” and CW’s “ ” and “ ” among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
Source: The Nielsen Company, Thursday (11/11/2010) 8:00pm-11:00pm, Univision’s “Latin Grammy 2010” telecast based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings 8:00pm-11:00pm. Reach based NPM Fast Cume on Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (visitors included). Live+SD.
Local Market Highlights:
- During the broadcast of last night’s Latin GRAMMY® Awards, Univision was the #1 station in the time period in the following markets:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Sacramento
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York, Houston, San Francisco and Sacramento
- Univision stations had the top program on primetime last night with the Latin GRAMMY® Awards among:
- Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami and Houston
- Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston and Dallas
- Persons 12-34in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas and San Francisco
- Teens 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York and Houston
- The Latin GRAMMY® Awards on Univision stations had MORE VIEWERS than the combined viewership to ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX among:
- Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Miami
- Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Miami and Houston
- In Los Angeles, the show had higher viewership than ABC, CBS and NBC combined among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings, 11/11/2010 (8-11:00pm E/PT, 7-10:00pm Central). Live +SD
Now in its second consecutive year from the vibrant city of Las Vegas, this year’s awards showcased an unprecedented number of performances by top stars, combined with some of the most outstanding acts this city has to offer. The show opened with a high-impact number by Juan Luis Guerra with the aerial acrobatics of “Le Rêve” and the incomparable beat of Recycled Percussion. Among the musical acts that earned standing ovations from the crowd were Enrique Iglesias’ performance with the hit reggeaton duo Wisin y Yandel, Mexican pop-group Camila’s rendition of “Bésame,” accompanied by a beautiful performance from ““Le Rêve,” salsa icon Marc Anthony’s unprecedented duet with legendary Spanish singer José Luís Perales on the hit “¿Y Cómo es Él?” and the worldwide premiere of “Lo Mejor de Mi Vida Eres Tú,” by superstar Ricky Martin in a surprise duet with the talented Natalia Jiménez of “La Quinta Estación.”
The show was preceded by the special green carpet pre-show “Noche de Estrellas” (Night of Stars) hosted by popular Univision personalities, Giselle Blondet (“Nuestra Belleza Latina” / “Our Latin Beauty”) and Chiquinquirá Delgado (“¡Mira Quién Baila!”/ “Look Who’s Dancing!”). The glamour of the evening was evident early on as thousands of excited, devoted Latin music fans lined the arrivals area outside the Mandalay Bay Events Center for a glimpse of their favorite artists. The star-studded extravaganza was also broadcast with English-language closed-captions, allowing all to enjoy this annual celebration of Latin musical artistry.
As the official website for the awards telecast, www.UnivisionMusica.com provides extensive online and mobile coverage of the entire event, including behind-the-scenes specials and exclusives from Latin GRAMMY® artists. The site continues to engage users with winner’s lists, interviews not seen on TV, video recaps, after party gossip, and with green carpet voting for most elegant celebrities. Voting will continue until Monday at noon ET, and the results will be announced on the site and on Univision’s live program “El Gordo y la Flaca” (The Scoop and the Skinny) at 4pm ET/PT (3pm Central). Plus, fans can relive the best moments of the night online or on the Univision Video App for Smartphones.
The 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY Awards, co-hosted by the internationally acclaimed actress/singer Lucero and renowned actor and comedian Eugenio Derbez, was broadcast live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on the Univision Network on Thursday, November 11, 2010, from 8:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. ET/PT (7:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Central).
Univision Communications Inc. is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Its operations include Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 95% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces telenovelas, reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for all of the Company’s platforms; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico; and Univision Interactive Media, which includes http://www.univision.com, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S., and Univision Móvil, the industry’s most comprehensive Spanish-language suite of mobile offerings. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa’s pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.univision.net