via press release:
The Hub Delivers Significant Increases with Holiday Weekend Programming, Including Sneak Previews of Original Series TRANSFORMERS PRIME and G.I. JOE RENEGADES
— Highly Anticipated New Series Generate Triple Digit Gains for Network —
— The Hub Continues to Lead Kids Cable Nets in Co-Viewing —
(Los Angeles, Ca.) The Hub, a television network for kids and their families, generated significant time period increases the week of November 22-28 with special holiday weekend programming, including highly anticipated sneak preview presentations of two of its original animated series, “Transformers Prime” and “G.I. Joe Renegades,” according to Nielsen Media Research data. The Hub is a joint venture between Discovery Communications and Hasbro, Inc.
Other strong performers for The Hub included weekend performances of the “Mega-Muppet Movie Mania!” event that featured back-to-back presentations of popular Muppet movies (Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets from Space, Muppet Christmas Carol) on Saturday and Sunday.
For the week, The Hub also remained the top co-viewed network among all kid cable networks in K2-11 and A18-49.
- The “Transformers Prime”/”G.I. Joe Renegades” block of special programming on Friday from 3:30 p.m.-7 p.m. generated significant gains audience versus the previous week among households and key demographics: HH (+111%, 97,000), Persons 2+ (+133%, 142,000), Kids 2-11 (+130%, 62,000), Kids 6-11 (+78%, 32,000), Adults 18-49 (+117%, 50,000) and Women 18-49 (+120%, 11,000).
- Special back-to-back runs of new half-hour episodes of “Transformers Prime” on Friday from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. delivered significant audience increases versus the previous week: Kids 2-11 rose by +102% (76,000/90,000); Kids 6-11 by +55% (47,000/49,000); Adults 18-49 by +225% (87,000/95,000); and Persons 2+ by +174% (176,000/223,000). Against the prior four weeks, Kids 2-11 increased +219%; Kids 6-11 by +140%; and Adults 18-49 by +507%
- Saturday and Sunday’s “Mega-Muppet Movie Mania!” special event earned triple-digit percent delivery gains over the prior week with several key demos: Adults 18-49 (+169%, 86,000); Women 18-49 (+156%, 46,000) and Kids 2-11 (+126%, 70,000). Double digit increases were delivered among HH (+75%, 126,000), P2+ (+97%, 193,000) and K6-11 (+21%, 29,000).
- For this week, The Hub was the top co-viewed network among all kid cable networks among Kids 2-11 and Adults 18-49. Thirty two percent (32%) of Kids 2-11 watched with an adult 18-49, out-performing all kid networks, including Nickelodeon (23%), Disney Channel (22%) and Cartoon Network (21%).
- For the week, in total day, The Hub delivered double digit audience growth versus the prior week in the following key demos: HH (+16%, 57,000); Persons 2+ (+18%, 79,000): Kids 2-11 (+12%, 28,000); Adults 18-49 (+27%, 33,000); and Women 18-49 (+13%, 17,000).
Source: Nielsen Media Research; program based dayparts; most current; 11/22/10-11/28/10 vs 11/15/10-11/21/10, 11/28/10 to 3AM for total day; all ratings are coverage ratings; co-viewing in NPower.
About The Hub
The Hub is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NYSE: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery’s library of award-winning children’s educational programming; from Hasbro’s rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub lineup includes animated and live-action series, specials and game shows, and the network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence. The Hub rebranded from Discovery Kids on October 10, 2010, and reaches approximately 61 million U.S. households. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.