via press release:
truTV Scores Another Record-Setting Year,
Including First-Ever Top 10 Finish Among Men 18-49
truTV is closing out 2010 by setting new records, including a finish among basic cable’s Top 10 networks in primetime delivery of men 18-49. Thanks to the strength of such original series as, , All Worked Up, and The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest…, truTV has also scored its biggest year ever in primetime delivery of adults 18-49, men 18-34 and men 18-49, with solid growth across the board. The network’s growth caps the third year since Court TV was rebranded as truTV.
truTV’s outstanding 2010 performance began early. Following a record-setting performance in 2009, truTV kicked off 2010 with its biggest quarter ever, a three-month span in which the network set records for its most-watched week, night and telecast. truTV blazed through its biggest summer, its most watched third quarter and an excellent fourth quarter to make 2010 the network’s best year ever.
“truTV’s Top 10 finish and record-breaking year are the latest milestones in what has become an extraordinary success story,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV. “Over the past five years, non-fiction programming has been the fastest-growing genre in television viewing, and truTV has been an important contributor to that growth. We have developed and fine-tuned a slate of exciting original series that have turned into enormous hits among our targeted viewers. We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved in 2010 and look forward to building on that success next year.”
truTV has greenlit several new series to premiere in 2011, including, a spinoff of the network’s popular All Worked Up. Also in 2011, truTV will share coverage of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament with TNT, TBS and CBS.
2010 Ratings Highlights:
- truTV is on track to score its best year ever in primetime delivery of several key demographics, including adults 18-49 (538,000); men 18-34 (125,000); and men 18-49 (298,000). In addition, truTV reached a new competitive milestone by becoming a Top 10 basic cable network in delivery of men 18-49, surpassing such high-profile competitors as Syfy, A&E, AMC and MTV.
- In scoring its best year ever, truTV built on its 2009 deliveries by solid margins, with adults 18-49 up 3% and men 18-49 up 4%. truTV has grown its male 18-49 audience in primetime a remarkable 12 consecutive years (1999 thru 2010). The network is now delivering nearly eight times more men 18-49 than when the streak began.
- truTV’s success is an ongoing phenomenon that began with the January 2008 transition from Court TV to truTV. Since the fourth quarter of 2007, the last quarter before the rebranding, truTV’s primetime audience is up 36% with adults 18-34, 16% with adults 18-49, 56% with men 18-34 and 37% with men 18-49. The network’s median age has dropped a remarkable six years, from 52 to 46.
- Prior to being rebranded, the former Court TV ranked 19th among basic cable networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-49. This year, truTV ranks 16th. In total day, truTV’s delivery of adults 18-49 lifted the network from 20th to 13th place. In addition, truTV is now one of basic cable’s Top 20 networks in primetime delivery of adults 18-34.
- truTV’s success in 2010 came from its stable of original series. Led by the network’s top series, , which averaged more than 2 million viewers in 2010, the roster of truTV’s hit shows includes , and All Worked Up, each topping more than 1.5 million viewers. with Jesse Ventura, , Rehab: , Las Vegas Jailhouse, , The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest…, Bait Car, It Only Hurts When I Laugh and Top 20 Most Shocking all deliver more than 1 million viewers each.
- truTV’s original series frequently rank among cable’s Top 5 entertainment programs in their timeslots in delivery of young adult and male demos.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 93 million U.S. households, the network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series, , The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name In Session.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.