In viewers,was Showtime's best drama premiere in 7 years. Note: as it sometimes does around season/series premieres, Showtime was in a "freeview" weekend and was available to ~60 million homes whether they subscribed or not. However, Showtime advises the numbers below are only for subscribers and do not count any of the viewing that resulted from the freeview.
DELIVERS ITS BEST. PREMIERE. EVER.
No Shame In TheseRatings: Series Posts SHOWTIME's Biggest Drama Premiere In Seven Years
Solid Sampling For EPISODES Debut
Showtime's critically-acclaimed series continue to resonate with viewers nationwide as the network unveiled three new premieres last night:, and EPISODES.
- delivered its best season premiere ever last night with 848,000 viewers at 9 p.m. and 1.12 million total viewers for the night. (Season 3 premiere: 821,000)
- It's important to note that CALIFORNICATION delivered these numbers while anchoring the night and without the benefit of its typical lead-in.
- 70% of the weekly viewing to CALIFORNICATION in Season 3 occurred after its Sunday airing – the average weekly number across replays, DVR and on-demand for the series was 2.8 million viewers.
- The series debut of SHAMELESS was SHOWTIME's biggest drama series premiere in seven years with 982,000 total viewers at 10 p.m. and 1.3 million viewers for the night. (7 yrs ago: Dead Like Me with 1.11 million)
- SHAMELESS bests other top SHOWTIME drama premieres including THE L Word (2004) – 936,000; The Tudors (2007) – 869,000; (2006) – 603,000
- With solid sampling at 9:30 p.m., Episodes garnered 768,000 viewers and 902,000 viewers for the night.
- Episodes retained 91% of its Californication audience, among the best for a SHOWTIME series (and on par with the summer retention between WEEDS and , also 91%)