HBO Stands Out at The Golden Globes With ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ ‘Temple Grandin,’ And ‘You Don’t Know Jack’
via press release:
HBO Stands Out at The Golden Globes®
“Boardwalk Empire” headlines the list of winners from among HBO’s programming, with two awards
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — HBO® received four Golden Globes® in the 68th awards ceremony which took place in Los Angeles last night. The network has once again received the most awards at this event.
The highly-acclaimed series “Boardwalk Empire” leads the list with two awards, for Best TV Drama and Best TV Drama Actor (Steve Buscemi). Alongside it are “Temple Grandin” and “You Don’t Know Jack”, recognized for Best TV Movie/Miniseries Actress (Claire Danes) and Best TV Movie/Miniseries Actor (Al Pacino), respectively.
As part of HBO Latin America’s programming for 2011, the series “The Big C” was also recognized for Best TV Comedy/Musical Actress (Laura Linney). Additional winners include Toy Story 3, as Best Animated Picture, and The Social Network, with four awards, including Best Motion Picture – Drama and Best Director.
The awards that the network received in this occasion confirm the quality of programming that HBO® offers, as well as the variety in its TV series, movies, and miniseries specials, which encompass notable social discourse and historical time periods in a moving and spectacular manner.
HBO® received 9 nominations to the Golden Globes this year, among them:
- “Boardwalk Empire” with 3 nominations, including: Best TV Drama, Best TV Drama Actor (Steve Buscemi), and Best TV Supporting Actress (Kelly MacDonald).
- “Temple Grandin” with 3 nominations, among them: Best TV Movie/Miniseries, Best Actress in a TV Movie/Miniseries (Claire Danes), and Best TV Supporting Actor (David Strathairn).
- “You Don’t Know Jack” with two nominations, including: Best TV Movie/Miniseries and Best Actor in a TV Movie/Miniseries (Al Pacino).
- “The Pacific”, for Best TV Movie/Miniseries.
- “Hung”, for Best TV Comedy/Musical Actor (Thomas Jane).
About HBO Latin America
HBO Latin America is the premium television network leader that, in addition to being recognized for the quality and diversity of its original programming, films and documentaries, also provides services with the highest technology in SD and HD formats in more than 23 countries of Latin America and the Caribbeanthrough its HBO®, HBO®HD, HBO®2, HBO® Plus, HBO® Family, MAX, MAX HD, MAX PrimeSM, Cinemax® channels and SVOD service.
SOURCE HBO Latin America