via press release:
HISTORY’S HIT SERIES…
BREAK RECORDS WITH TOP TELECASTS
OF ALL TIME FOR THE NETWORK
Drive HISTORY to #1 in all of Cable for the Night
New York, January 25, 2011 – HISTORY’s hit series,and , produced record breaking ratings for the network and secured new series highs this past Monday, January 24 from 9-11pm ET. The premieres drove HISTORY to the #1 cable network for the night among total viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49.
The back to back premiere episodes ofand amassed the following:
at 10:30pm achieved:
- Total Viewers: 7.0 million
- Adults 25-54: 3.7 million
- Adults 18-49: 3.7 million
- # 1 telecast on all of cable among all key metrics including: total viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
- The series overall best delivery in total viewers and HISTORY’s #1 telecast of all time.
at 10:00pm banked:
- Total Viewers: 6.7 million
- Adults 25-54: 3.6 million
- Adults 18-49: 3.4 million
- # 2 telecast on all of cable among all key metrics including: total viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
at 9pm premiered to:
- Total Viewers: 6.2 million
- Adults 25-54: 3.0 million
- Adults 18-49: 2.6 million
- # 3 telecast on all of cable among all key metrics including: total viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.
Pawn Stars is produced for HISTORY by Leftfield Pictures. David McKillop and Mary E. Donahue are Executive Producers for HISTORY. Executive Producers for Leftfield Pictures are Brent Montgomery and Colby Gaines.
is produced for HISTORY by Cineflix Productions. Susan Werbe is Executive Producer for HISTORY. Executive Producers for Cineflix Production are Charles Tremayne and Mark Poertner. Simon Lloyd is Producer and Mike Wolfe is Co-Executive Producer. Series Producer is Stephen Pettinger.
HISTORY® and HISTORY HD® are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture. Among the network's program offerings are hit series such as American Pickers, www.history.com, is the leading online resource for all things history, featuring over 20,000 videos, images, audio clips, articles and interactive features that allow visitors to dig deeper into a broad range of thousands of historical topics., The Universe, , , Pawn Stars and Top Shot, as well as acclaimed specials including America the Story of Us, WWII in HD, 102 Minutes That Changed America, The President’s Book of Secrets and Life After People. HISTORY has earned four Peabody Awards, seven Primetime Emmy® Awards, 12 News & Documentary Emmy® Awards and received the prestigious Governor's Award from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the network's Save Our History® campaign dedicated to historic preservation and history education. Take a Veteran to School Day is the network's latest initiative connecting America's schools and communities with veterans from all wars. The HISTORY website, located at