'Today' Continues as the No. 1 Morning Program

Categories: Morning News TV Ratings,Network TV Press Releases

Written By

January 27th, 2011

via press release:

"TODAY" CONTINUES AS THE NO. 1 MORNING PROGRAM

TODAY Posted Gains Across the Board Vs. Season-To-Date Averages

TODAY II (3rd Hour) Outperformed The View In Total Viewers and Key Demos for the Week, and TODAY III (4th Hour) Is Posting Its Strongest Season Ever

NEW YORK – January 27, 2011 – NBC News' "Today" continues as the dominant morning news program. Last week's win marks "Today's" 789th consecutive week in first place. Below are the highlights for the week ending January 7.

Highlights:

· TODAY averaged 5.600 million total viewers, a +14% (+681,000) advantage over GMA and +98% (+2,770,000) over Early Show.
· TODAY has now placed first for 789 consecutive weeks in both homes and total viewers.
· In rating A25-54, TODAY led GMA by +31% (+5 tenths) and Early Show by +110% (+1.1 rating points).
· In rating A18-49, TODAY outperformed GMA by +45% (+5 tenths) and Early Show by +129% (+9 tenths).
· Compared to its 1Q’11-to-date average, TODAY grew in homes (+2%), total viewers (+3% or +139,000), rating W/A18-49 (+10%/+7%), and rating W/A25-54 (+4%/+5%).
· TODAY also posted gains versus its season-to-date average in homes (+2%), total viewers (+4%, or +206,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+5%/+11%/+7%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+4%/+5%).

TODAY II & III Highlights:
· TODAY II delivered 4.053 million total viewers and a 1.2 A25-54 rating.
· TODAY II topped CBS Early Show in homes (+43%), total viewers (+43% or +1,223,000), rating W/A18-49 (+63%/+29%) and rating W/M/A25-54 (+42%/+14%/+20%) while tying in rating M18-49.
· TODAY II outperformed The View in total viewers (+13,000 viewers), rating W/M/A18-49 (+8%/+50%/+13%) and rating M/A25-54 (+60%/+9%).
· On Monday, TODAY II posted its biggest single-day total viewer audience since February 15, 2010 (Vancouver Olympics).
· Versus the same week last season, TODAY II grew its delivery in homes (+3%), total viewers (+4%, or +171,000), and rating M25-54 (+14%).
· Versus its season-to-date average, TODAY II was up in homes (+11%), total viewers (+10%, or +382,000), rating W/M18-49 (+8%/+20%) and rating W/M/A25-54 (+6%/+14%/+9%).
· Season-to-date, TODAY II is up +2% (+58,000) in total viewers, +7% in rating W25-54 and +9% in rating A25-54.

· TODAY III averaged 2.514 million total viewers and a 0.9 A25-54 rating.
· TODAY III beat the CBS Early Show in rating W18-49 (+13%) and tied in rating A18-49 and rating W25-54.
· On Monday, TODAY III had its biggest single-day total viewer audience since January 8, 2010.
· Versus the same week last season, TODAY III posted across-the-board double-digit growth in homes (+12%), total viewers (+16% or +352,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+13%/+33%/+17%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+20%/+25%/+29%).
· TODAY III was also up compared to its season-to-date averages in homes (+12%), total viewers (+13%, or +297,000), rating M/A18-49 (+33%/+17%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+9%/+25%/+13%).
· TODAY III is enjoying its best season-to-date period ever, up in homes (+6%), total viewers (+8% or +169,000), rating W/A18-49 (+29%/+20%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+22%/+25%/+14%).

 
© 2014 Tribune Digital Ventures