via press release:
USA ORIGINALS LEAD WAY TO RATINGS WIN
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – February 1, 2010 –In the fifth week of 2011, USA was the most watched network in cable’s prime among P25-54 (1.25 million), P18-49 (1.11 million), total viewers (3.06 million), and households (2.27 million) while earning the top household coveragein basic cable prime (2.27). USA was the only network to average over 3 million in total viewers or 2 million households in this week’s prime thanks to scripted originals , and , strong acquired series, and WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW.
Four of the top five P25-54 scripted telecasts of the week were on USA, including all three of the networks current original series (, , and ) and an episode of the top acquired series on cable— . USA also held seven of the top ten P25-54 scripted telecast, two of the top five P18-49 scripted telecasts, and three of the top five in households viewing.
- was the most watched drama on cable Tuesday among P25-54 (1.85 million), P18-49 (1.77 million), P18-34 (910,000), total viewers (3.90 million), and households (2.83 million). delivered more P18-34 (910,000) and M18-34 (428,000) than any scripted hour on television, broadcast or cable. WHITE COLLAR beating anything on broadcast head-to-head in delivering P18-34, outperforming ABC and CBS in P18-49 and ABC among total viewers.
- and were Thursday’s top two scripted series in cable prime among P25-54 (RP 1.98 million/FL 1.60 million), P18-49 (1.62 million/1.36 million), total viewers (4.34 million/4.10 million), and households (3.21 million/3.10 million) and the top dramas for P18-34 (650,000/471,000). Both USA Originals outperformed ABC head-to-head among male viewers (M18-34/18-49/25-54/total males). In the 10pm hour, FAIRLY LEGAL also beat ABC in households and all persons measurements (P18-34/18-49/25-54/ total viewers.)
- FAIRLY LEGAL is the most successful scripted hour to launch this year to date among P25-54, total viewers, and households, beating out such new shows as Skin and .
- Both hours of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW placed in the week’s top ten entertainment telecasts among P25-54 (2.28 million), total viewers (4.90 million), and households (3.29 million). In ’s 9pm-11pm time period, USA delivered more M18-34 and M18-49 than any broadcaster, more P18-34 than CBS, and more M25-54 and total males than ABC or FOX.”
- and LAW & ORDER: were the two most-watched acquired series on cable this week among P25-54 ( 1.36 million/ 1.24 million), total viewers (3.29 million / 3.53 million), and households (2.41 million / 2.67 million)
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.