Hitting New Replay Highs, ABC’s Modern Family is Wednesday’s #1 Scripted TV Show
via ABC press note:
ABC’s Wednesday line up, featuring a mix of 3 repeat and 2 original programs, was up week to week in Total Viewers (+10%) and Adults 18-49 (+5%).
- The Net also grew its overall audience by 5% from the same night last year (2/3/10), which included nearly all original programming (1 repeat).
At 8pm for the 2nd week in a row, a repeat of ABC’s The Middle defeated its original non-Idol competition in viewers and young adults, leading NBC’s first-run Minute to Win It and CBS’ first-run Live to Dance.
- The Middle matched its most-watched-ever repeat telecast on the night.
At 8:30pm, a special repeat of The Middle also finished #2 to Idol in viewers and young adults, against the second half hours of Minute to Win It and Live to Dance.
At 9pm, ABC’s repeat Modern Family won its half-hour by 17% in Adults 18-49, dominating Fox’s original Idol-fueled Human Target. In factABC’s encore Modern Family stood as the #1 scripted television program on Wednesday in the key young adult sales demo, finishing as the #2 TV show overall on the night to Idol.
- For the 2nd week running, Modern Family put up the series’ best-ever repeat numbers, eclipsing the prior week’s results by 26% in Total Viewers and by 35% in Adults 18-49.
At 9:30pm, ABC’s Cougar Town took second, defeating Fox’s Idol-fueled Human Target by 17% among Adults 18-49. The ABC comedy alsoranked #2 in its time period with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
- Cougar Town was up sharply over the prior week in Total Viewers (+32%) and Adults 18-49 (+35%), generating the series’ most-watched telecast since November – since 11/24/10.
ABC’s Off the Map earned second place in the 10 o’clock hour among Adults 18-49 to NBC’s veteran L&O: SVU, beating CBS Blue Bloods by 13%.
- Off the Map grew week to week in Total Viewers and key Women (W18-34/W18-49), achieving a new series-high with Women 18-34.
- The new ABC drama improved the hour year to year by wide margins in Total Viewers (+33%) and Adults 18-49 (+29%), over the year-ago night with original drama programming (Ugly Betty).