Telefutura Scores Impressive Primetime Victory With The Highly Anticipated Mexican National Team 2011 Season Kick-Off
via press release:
TELEFUTURA SCORES IMPRESSIVE PRIMETIME VICTORY WITH THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED MEXICAN NATIONAL TEAM 2011 SEASON KICK-OFF
Strong performance positions TeleFutura as the #2 Spanish-Language Network In First Week of February Sweeps
MIAMI, FL – February 14, 2011 – On Wednesday night, soccer fans gathered en masse to live the passion of fútbol by watching the Mexican National Team, “El Tri,” take on Bosnia Herzegovina in a friendly match that featured the highly anticipated debut of Mexico’s new coach, “El Chepo de la Torre.” The result: El Tri kicked off 2011 and the road to the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ with a win, TeleFuturaNetwork ranked as #2 network among Men 18-34 behind only FOX during broadcast primetime. Additionally, TeleFutura’s stations out-delivered the competition in key markets around the U.S., including KFTR TV TeleFutura 46, which was the #1 station among all Spanish- and English-language broadcasters in Los Angeles among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34. TeleFuturais one of the largest Spanish-language networks in the U.S. and the ideal entertainment alternative for Hispanics across the nation.
“We are grateful to our viewers who helped us create a strong momentum in the start of February Sweeps and position us as the #2 Spanish-language network in the U.S.,” said Bert Medina, senior vice president and operating manager for TeleFutura. “We are thrilled that we were able to bring ‘El Tri’ to millions of fans in the U.S. and deliver on our commitment to offer Hispanics the best in sports and entertainment.”
Additional Network Highlights
- Averaging 2.6 million viewers, TeleFutura’s broadcast of the Mexican National Team’s match versus Bosnia was the network’s most watched telecast season-to-date and the second most watched sports telecast season-to-date on Spanish-language television behind Univision’s Mexico vs. Venezuela match (aired 10/12/10).*
- The Mexico vs. Bosnia friendly match ranks among TeleFutura’s Top Ten Soccer telecasts ever aired by the network among several demos, including Total Viewers 2+ (#6), Adults 18-49 (#6), Adults 18-34 (#4), Men 18-49 (#7) and Men 18-34 (#5).**
- With Wednesday’s strong performance, TeleFutura is currently leading Telemundo in the first week (7 days) of the February 2011 Sweeps in all of primetime (both broadcast and Spanish-language prime) as the #2 Spanish-language Network among all key demographics, including Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34:***
§ Broadcast Prime: Adults 18-49 (+20%), Adults 18-34 (+28%)
§ Spanish-language Prime: Adults 18-49 (+3%) and Adults 18-34 (+13%)
- The Mexican National Team’s match against Bosnia ranked within the TOP 15 most-watched shows on Wednesday night among Adults 18-34 (#13) and within the TOP 20 for Adults 18-49 (#17). Among Men 18-49, the telecast ranked #9 and #5 among Men 18-34. ****
Local Market Highlights *****
- Mexico vs. Bosnia match on TeleFutura stations was the #1 program among all broadcast stations, regardless of language, during the time period in the following markets:
§ Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles
§ Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Sacramento
§ Among Adults 18-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Phoenix San Francisco and Sacramento
§ Among Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco and Sacramento
- The match on TeleFutura stations was the #1 program among all Spanish-language broadcast stations during the time period that it aired in the following markets:
§ Among Persons 2+ in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Sacramento
§ Among Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
§ Among Adults 18-34 and Viewers 12-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
- With the broadcast of the Mexico vs. Bosnia match, TeleFutura stations out-delivered Telemundo stations in the time period in the following markets:
§ Among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
§ Among Adults 18-34 and Persons 12-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco and Sacramento
* The Nielsen Company NPM, Live + SD; 10-11 Season-to-date (9/27/10- 2/9/11).
**The Nielsen Company, Live and Live + SD, All comparisons prior to 12/26/05 based on NHPM.
***The Nielsen Company, NPM; Live+SD data; First week of February Sweeps (2/3/11-2/9/11); Broadcast Prime (M-Sa 8-11P, Su 7-11P), S-L Prime (M-Su 7-11P).
****The Nielsen Company, NPM; Live+SD data; Broadcast Prime (M-Sa 8-11P, Su 7-11P).
*****The Nielsen Company, NSI ratings (2/9/11), live game across time zones. Program average ratings not available for Telemundo in Sacramento. Live+SD.