ABC’s Sunday Line-up Grows Across the Board
via press notes:
Based on Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings:
ABC finished in a virtual-tie for #1 on Sunday in Adults 18-49 with Fox, pacing within 1-tenth of a rating point and tied in audience share. In fact, ABC defeated Fox during its 7-10pm prime in the key young adult sales demo. The Network won the night among key Women (W18-49/W25-54).
- ABC marked a 6-week Sunday high in both Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 – since 1/9/11. All 4 of ABC’s Sunday shows grew their overall audiences week to week.
ABC’s America’s Funniest Home Videos placed #1 among Adults 18-49 during the 7 o’clock hour. In addition, the broad-appealing ABC video-clip show ranked as the #1 broadcast program on Sunday evening with Kids 2-11.
- Building week to week, AFV generated its 2nd biggest overall audience since the beginning of January – since 1/2/11.
At 8pm, ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition stood as the most-watched TV show in its hour, outdrawing CBS’s season opener of Amazing Race.
- Despite facing the season premiere of Amazing Race, ABC’s Home Edition turned in the series’ most-watched telecast this season.
Sunday’s #1 TV show in Adults 18-49, ABC’s Desperate Housewives won the 9 o’clock hour, beating CBS’ Undercover Boss by 19%, NBC’s Saturday Night Live special by 48% and Fox’s animated comedies (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show) by 7%.
- Surging week to week in viewers (+1.3 million) and young adults (+15%), Housewives earned its top numbers since the beginning of January – since 1/9/11.
In the 10pm hour, ABC’s Brothers & Sisters ranked as the 2nd most-watched TV show overall and ran #1 across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
- ABC’s Brothers & Sisters posted strong week-to-week increases in Total Viewers (+10%) and Adults 18-49 (+12%).