via press release:
DISCOVERY CHANNEL BOASTS RECORD FEBRUARY, BUOYED BY STRONG SLATE OF HIT NEW SERIES
Best February Friday Ever Among Key Demos, Ties for Best February for Men
(Silver Spring, Md.) - Buoyed by new series GOLD RUSH: ALASKA, FLYING WILD ALASKA, SONS OF GUNS andDESERT CAR KINGS, and fan favorites like AMERICAN CHOPPER: SENIOR VS. JUNIOR, Discovery Channel had its best February (tied with 2004) among Men 25-54 delivery (489,000). Among Men 25-54, Discovery was a top 10 cable network every night of the week for Men 25-54 prime delivery.
Additionally, the network recorded its best February Friday ever in nearly all key demos, including HH (1.7), Persons 2+ (0.9), Persons/Men/Women 25-54 (1.1/1.6/0.7), and Women 18-34 (0.5), with FLYING WILD ALASKAat 9PM and GOLD RUSH: ALASKA at 10PM.
Additional highlights include:
- During February, GOLD RUSH: ALASKA was the #1 program in ALL of TELEVISION on Friday night among Men 18-49, delivering an average of 4.03 million P2+ per telecast.
- GOLD RUSH: ALASKA was ad-supported cable's top-rated program (no exclusions) on Friday nights, among HH, Persons 2+, Persons/Men 25-54 and Persons/Men 18-49 delivery.
- FLYING WILD ALASKA was the #2 non-sports program in ad-supported cable among Men 25-54 delivery on Friday nights.
- American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior was the #2 non-sports cable program among Men (25-54/18-49).
- New series Sons of Guns and Desert Car Kings were the #2 and #4 (respectively) non-fiction cable programs (no exclusions) on Wednesday nights among Men 25-54.
- Premieres of Man vs. Wild finished as the #4 non-fiction cable program (excluding sports) on Thursdays among Men 25-54 and Men 18-49 delivery.