Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters” Revamps Its Menu With An All-New Format, New Host Curtis Stone And 12 New Master Chefs Hungry To Compete
via press release:
BRAVO’S “TOP CHEF MASTERS” REVAMPS ITS MENU WITH AN ALL-NEW FORMAT, NEW HOST CURTIS STONE AND 12 NEW MASTER CHEFS HUNGRY TO COMPETE
Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks, Pop/Rock Group Maroon 5 and Pop Star Kelis serve as Celebrity Guest Judges
James Oseland Returns as Series Judge Along With New Judge, Legendary Food Critic, Ruth Reichl
Series Premieres Wednesday, April 6 at 11pm ET/PT
NEW YORK – March 2, 2011 – Bravo’s “Top Chef Masters” returns with a brand new format and 12 new award-winning chefs hungry to compete for the title of “Top Chef Master” and win $100,000 for their charity. This season, the masters will no longer be judged on a scale, but in elimination style challenges just as the tried and true format of the original “Top Chef.” In each episode, money will be at stake, with the winners of every quickfire challenge winning $5,000 and elimination challenges winning $10,000 for their designated charities. As previously announced, celebrity chef Curtis Stone will serve as the newly appointed host of the series along with returning judge and culinary expert, James Oseland, and new series judge, the legendary food critic and author, Ruth Reichl. The third season of “Top Chef Masters” premieres on Wednesday, April 6 at 11 p.m. ET/PT and will move to its regular time period on April 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
“Top Chef Masters” pits 12 world-renowned chefs against each other to see how well they fare in fierce culinary competition. Each week will whittle down the chefs until the finale where one winner is crowned “Top Chef Master” and receive the grand prize of $100,000 for the charity of their choice. With so much money at stake, the chefs are bringing more than their knives to the table; they’re bringing their egos and stirring up the drama. The chefs must face off in some of the most difficult challenges we’ve seen thus far – including the infamous restaurant wars – and they’re serving up food for some master entertainers and celebrity guest judges including: Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks, pop/rock group Maroon 5 and pop sensation Kelis, among others. For a sneak peek of the third season of “Top Chef Masters” go to: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-masters/season-3/videos/for-culinary-glory
Following are the 12 “Top Chef Masters” competing chefs:
– Hugh Acheson – Chef/ Partner: Five& Ten, The National, Gosford Wine – in Athens, GA and Empire State South, Atlanta, GA; Competing for Wholesome Wave Foundation
– Floyd Cardoz – Former Executive Chef/Partner- of Tabla and soon-to-be Executive Chef/Partner of a new Danny Meyer restaurant; Competing for Young Scientist Cancer Research Fund
– John Currence – City Grocery Restaurant Group, Oxford, MS Competing for No Kid Hungry
– Traci Des Jardins – Chef/Co-owner of Jardiniere, Mijita Cocina Mexicana and Public House and Manzanita, San Francisco, CA; Competing for La Cocina
– George Mendes – Chef/Co-Owner of ALDEA, Manhattan, NY; Competing for Charity: Water
– Mary Sue Milliken – Co-Chef/ Owner: Border Grill Restaurants and Truck, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for Share Our Strength
– Naomi Pomeroy – Owner: Beast in Portland, OR; Competing for Seed Savers Exchange
– Suvir Saran – Executive Chef: Devi, New York, NY; Competing for Agricultural Stewardship Association
– John Rivera Sedlar – Owner: Playa, Los Angeles, CA; Competing for American Diabetes Association
– Alex Stratta – Executive Chef: Stratta, Las Vegas, NV; Competing for Faster Cures, part of the Milken Prostate Cancer Foundation
– Celina Tio – Chef/Owner: JULIAN Restaurant, Kansas City, MO, Competing for Harvesters
– Sue Zemanick – Executive Chef: Gautreau’s, New Orleans, LA; Competing for the Louisiana SPCA
The second season of “Top Chef Masters averaged over 1 million adults 18-49 and over 1.6 million total viewers. The series is produced by the Emmy Award-winning Magical Elves with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serving as executive producers.
Source: Source: Nielsen Media Research, L7 data.
Bravo is a program service of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Bravo has been an NBCUniversal cable network since December 2002 and was the first television service dedicated to film and the performing arts when it launched in December 1980. For more information, visit http://www.BravoTV.com. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BravoPR.