via ABC press note:
Up year to year for the 4th week in a row, ABC grew over the same night last year (3/3/10) by 1.4 million viewers and by 15% in Adults 18-49.
- Building its audience from the prior week, ABC delivered its 2nd-most-watched Wednesday in 6 weeks – since 1/19/11.
At 8pm, against American Idol and Survivor: Redemption Island, ABC’s The Middle increased its overall audience week to week. For the 3rd week running, ABC’s The Middle beat out CBS’ Survivor with Women 18-34 (+15%).
- The Middle was up over its performance on the same night last year (when it aired at 8:30pm) by 2.2 million viewers and by 10% in Adults 18-49.
At 8:30pm, like its lead-in against Idol and Survivor, ABC freshman Better With You built its Total Viewer count over the prior week. The new comedy was also up week to week among key Men (M18-34/M18-49).
Growing from its lead-in at 9pm against the third half-hour of Idol, ABC’s Modern Family defeated its scripted competition, outperforming CBS’ Criminal Minds by 21% among Adults 18-49. Modern Family finished as Wednesday’s #1 scripted TV show in Adults 18-49 for its 17th straight first-run telecast this season.
- Modern Family’s numbers surged year to year, up by 2.1 million viewers and by 21% in Adults 18-49.
At 9:30pm, ABC’s Mr. Sunshine ranked #2 with Men 18-49 and #1 with Men 18-34. In addition, the new ABC comedy beat out the second half-hour of NBC’s 2-hour Minute To Win It by 2.8 million viewers and by 100% in Adults 18-49.
- Mr. Sunshine built week to week by 15% in viewers and by 9% in Adults 18-49, drawing the series’ 2nd-largest audience to date.
- Mr. Sunshine continued to improve its time period for ABC year to year in both Total Viewers (+1.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (+4%).
ABC’s Off the Map finished #2 against its CBS and NBC drama competition in the 10pm hour among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54 and key Women(W18-49/W25-54).
- Off the Map built its overall audience for the 2nd week in a row and also gained Women 18-34 for the 2nd straight week.
- The ABC freshman drama once again generated strong year-over-year increases for the Net, growing the hour in both Total Viewers (+16%)and Adults 18-49 (+31%) from the same night last year with original programming.