via press release:
DIY Network, The Dirtiest Network on Television, Premieres Two New Series: "Yard Attack!" on April 1 at 9 p.m. ET and "Extra Yardage" on April 5 at 10:30 p.m. ET
New Episodes of Landscaping Series Every Weeknight at 10 P.M. ET Beginning Monday, April 4;
Plus DIY Network’s Search for America’s Most Desperate Landscape to Launch March 21
NEW YORK – March 14, 2011 – This April, DIY Network, the dirtiest network on television, introduces two new landscaping series, Yard Attack! with Steve Watson and Extra Yardage with Billy Derian, to their already bountiful programming slate. Plus,all new installments of DIY Network’s most popular programs Desperate Landscapes, Turf War, Yard Crashers, Indoors Outand King of Dirt premiere every weeknight at 10 p.m. ET beginning April 4.
Additionally, DIY Network presents the second annual Mulch Madness event (March 21-March 25) featuring back-to-back landscaping content inspiring homeowners to create their own amazing backyard transformations. Returning for its fourth year, DIY Network unveils the details of its annual search forAmerica’s Most Desperate Landscape in which one winner will be awarded a $25,000 outdoor renovation of a lifetime.
Yard Attack!, hosted bySteve Watson, introduces viewers to a new way to experience the ultimate in landscape renovation. In this show, it's all about speed. Premiering Friday, April 1 at 9 p.m. ET, each episode follows Watson and his crew as they design and install a killer yard in less time than it takes to bake a cake. Projects that normally take days, only take hours with Watson’s team on the job. According to Watson, the key is preparation and execution in this carefully choreographed assault that always delivers stunning results. When the dust settles, shocked homeowners are looking at a lush, green oasis where only hours before stood a desolate patch of weeds and dirt. Watson worked part-time in construction in his teen years and eventually started his own remodeling business focused on home improvement. The Tennessean relocated to Los Angeles and is also the host of sister network HGTV’s Don’t Sweat It.
Extra Yardage, premiering Tuesday, April 5 at 10:30 p.m. ET,followslandscape designer and builder Billy Derian as he transforms neglected decks, patios and yards into world-class outdoor entertainment spaces using the latest designs, materials and concepts. In each half-hour episode, he provides viewers with new ideas on how to transform an outdoor space; from outdoor kitchens, theaters, sports-bar-themed spaces, and more. With an eye for big-time makeovers, Derian gives homeowners a new look at life outside the box. For more than 25 years, he has been the innovator of many of today's most exciting trends in exterior improvement. His design skills were honed in Southern California, where he took part in every aspect of the design and labor process. From digging trenches, plumbing and installing hardscapes to the “nuts and bolts” of masonry and rebar placement,Derian has a deep appreciation for the restoration process from start-to-finish and takes great pride in his sense of style and individuality. Winner of numerous IPSA design awards, his talents are always in high demand from Hollywood’s elite to middle-class American families.
DIY Network also premieres original episodes of popular landscaping series every weeknight at 10 p.m. ET:
- Indoors Out: New episodes begin Tuesday, April 5 at 10 p.m. ET. Stonemasons and licensed contractors Dean Marsico and Derek Stearnslead a crew of carpenters, landscapers and stonemasons to build unique, functional and eye-popping spaces.
- Desperate Landscapes: New episodes begin Wednesday, April 6 at 10 p.m. ET. Host and licensed contractor Jason Cameron and his team transform the most “desperate landscapes” into a showplace sure to make your home the envy of the neighborhood.
- Yard Crashers: New episodes begin Thursday, April 7 at 10 p.m. ET. Host and licensed landscape contractor Ahmed Hassan waits at stores looking for the perfect weekend warriors who could definitely use his help. Once he finds his target, he and his team follow the surprised shoppers to their homes and completely transform their yards.
- King of Dirt: Season Three premieres Friday, April 8 at 10 p.m. ET. Landscape contractor Gino Panaro and his company put their skills to the test to create stunning gardens and outdoor areas.
- Turf War: Season Two premieres Monday, April 11 at 10 p.m. ET. Two neighbors…two landscape experts… two yards…one super-sized Turf War. Hosted by Hassan, the half-hour episodes are full of competition and jaw-dropping landscape ideas as two teams drastically overhaul their yards in just two days using surprise building materials and a lot of help from their friends.
DIY Network launches into spring with two programming stunts that have become perennial favorites:
- America’s Most Desperate Landscape, beginning on March 21, viewers can submit photos and videos of their ugly yard to the network’s companion website, DIYNetwork.com, for the chance to receive a $25,000 makeover courtesy of licensed contractor Jason Cameron and his Desperate Landscapes crew. The selection of the winner and the dramatic transformation are documented in DIY Network’s one-hour special,America’s Most Desperate Landscape, premiering in June.
- Mulch Madness airs March 21-25 from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET and featuresDesperate Landscapes, King of Dirt, Indoors Out, Yard Crashers and Turf War, and the premieres of Indoors Out: Top 10 specials.