via press release:
USA CONTINUES TO MAKE HISTORY WITH 1ST QUARTER WIN
Unprecedented Consecutive Quarter Streak Increases to 19 Straight Wins
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – March 22, 2011 – USA was #1 in 1Q11, a victory that extends its unprecedented run to nineteen consecutive quarterly wins among ad supported entertainment cable networks among P25-54 and total viewers. More P25-54 (1.26 million, +9% over #2 ESPN), total viewers (3.04 million, +15% over #2 ESPN) and households (2.26 million, +18% over #2 ESPN) watched USA this quarter than any other network on cable, while USA was the top choice for P18-49 (1.16 million, +16% over #2 TNT) in all of cable entertainment. USA earned the quarter’s best household coveragein basic cable prime (2.26, +0.33 over #2 DSNY).
USA was the only cable network to deliver over 3 million total viewers or 2 million households in 1Q11 and the only entertainer with over 1 million P25-54 or P18-49 in the quarter’s primetime.
USA continues to out-perform the competition with new episodes of USA Originals, , , WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW, hit movies, and episodes of the hottest acquired series on cable, , LAW & ORDER: and newest addition to USA, : CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION. 12 of the quarter’s top 25 scripted telecasts among P25-54 were on USA as were 10 of the P18-49 top 25.
- dominated cable in its timeslot, outperforming every competitor in the Thursday 9pm time period among P25-54, P18-49, total viewers and households while holding court as the most watched drama on cable this year to date among P25-54* (2.47 million), total viewers (5.47 million) and households (3.94 million) and placing second only to sister series among P18-49 (2.15 million).
- was the quarter’s most watched original drama on cable among P18-49 (2.29 million), placing second only to sister series among P25-54 (2.38 million), total viewers (4.88 million) and households (3.50 million). When USA aired the series Tuesdays at 10pm, outperformed ABC and CBS in delivering P18-34. Compared to its 1Q10 performance, the show collared +5% more P18-49 and P25-54 viewers this year, bumping up its audience among F18-34 and F18-49 by double digits (+14% and +10%, respectively).
- is cable’s top new series this year to date among P25-54 (1.76 million) and the #1 new drama among P18-49 (1.49 million), delivering more M18-34/18-49/25-54/total males than ABC head to head in its Thursday 10pm time period.
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW continues to dominate its time period as the #1 entertainment program in all of television, broadcast or cable, Mondays from 9pm-11pm in 1Q11 among M18-34 and M18-49, coming in second only to CBS among M25-54 and total males. is also the top entertainment program on cable in this time period across the board, winning in P18-34, P18-49, P25-54, total viewers and households while outperforming FOX and NBC head to head in P18-34 and beating NBC in P18-49. averaged 2.58 million P25-54, 2.64 million P18-49, 1.23 million P18-34, 5.45 million total viewers and 3.63 million households in 1Q11.
- USA’s and LAW & ORDER: were once again the top two acquired series on cable among P25-54 ( 1.29 million / 1.09 million), total viewers ( 3.57 million / 2.74 million) and households ( 2.68 million / 2.16 million) and the top two acquired dramas among P18-49 ( 1.08 million / NCIS 1.07 million) and P18-34 ( 518,000 / NCIS 386,000). Newcomer : CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION was a top 10 acquired series in 1Q11 among P25-54 (662,000/#10), total viewers (1.78 million/#7) and households (1.40 million/#6). No other cable network aired an acquired series to over 1 million P25-54, 2 million total viewers or 2 million households or an acquired drama to over 1 million P18-49 or half a million P18-34.
(* Series claims exclude shows with fewer than five telecasts)