AMC’s “The Killing” Premiere Averages 2.7 Million Viewers
The 9-11p premiere of AMC’s The Killing averaged 2.7 million viewers, and 4.7 million viewers for the night with the two encores that aired (11p-1am, and 1a-3a).
Not shabby, and second only to The Walking Dead (albeit by a wide margin, The Walking Dead premiere averaged 5.3 million viewers in its initial telecast) as far as AMC premieres go. Still trying to dig up 18-49 but here is the blurb via AMC:
- premiere – 9-11 pm – 2 HH rating
- 2.7 million total viewers for the premiere (9-11pm)
- premiere plus encores (9-11, 11-1, 1-3) – 3.7 HH rating
- 4.7 million total viewers premiere plus encores (9-11, 11-1, 1-3)
- Adults 25-54 – 1.9 million premiere plus encores (9-11, 11-1, 1-3)
This marks the second highest original series premiere (season one), second only to The Walking Dead (3.7 HH rating).
HH rating is a coverage rating based on homes AMC is available in rather than the national ratings we typically post.