Discovery Announces Twitter Royal Wedding Week Photo Contest
via press release:
TWITTER ROYAL WEDDING WEEK PHOTO CONTEST
INTERNET ACCESS AND A TWITTER ACCOUNT REQUIRED. SPONSORED BY DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC. TWITTER IS NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS WITHIN THE LOWER 48 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age as of April 7th, 2011. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. CONTEST ENTRY DATES: The ROYAL WEDDING WEEK PHOTO CONTEST (the “Contest”) begins at 1:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 11h, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 15th, 2011 (the “Contest Period”).
3. CONTEST ENTRY DETAILS: To enter the contest, visit http://twitter.com/TLC (the “Website”). At random times on each day (three (3) times per day) during the Contest Period, we will post a specific item for contestants to submit a photo of. We will ask contestants to respond with the correct photo to the @TLC Twitter account while using the #RoyalWeddingTLC hashtag. We will then select the three (3) best photos based on the criteria found below to win one (1) grand prize each. In order to reply, the entrant must be a follower of the TLC Twitter Page and include the “@TLC” address in their response.
Photos must not include materials (language, phrases, quotations, etc.) belonging to or copyrighted by third parties, and such Photos will be disqualified. Photos must not have been previously published, performed, or otherwise exhibited. Photos must not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually-explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, threatening, or vulgar material and must be otherwise fit for publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Photos must not contain any material that infringes upon any personal, proprietary, or any other right of any third party. Photos must not contain any references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any description or representation thereof. Photos must not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation. Photos must not contain any material that: (a) would give or threaten to give rise to criminal or civil liability; (b) encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or (c) encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per entrant during the Entry Period. Multiple Contest Entries received from any person beyond this limit will be disqualified. Contest Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion (including, without limitation, at Sponsor’s and/or any other entity’s servers), are void and will not be accepted. Photos that are not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (described below), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
From April 12, 2011 to April 15, 2011, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor (“Judging Panel”) will review each entry associated with each item posted and select three (3) Grand Prize Winners per day (one (1) per item) from the total number of entries. The entry will be scored based on the following criteria:
Photo Quality: 30%
In the event of a tie, the winning entry will be determined by the highest score from amongst the tied entries in “Originality.” In the event of a further tie, Sponsor in its sole discretion shall choose a Grand Prize Winner based on an evaluation of which Photo is superior overall taking all categories into consideration. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding.
4. CONTEST PRIZES: Throughout the Contest Period, Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize to each Grand Prize Winner (total of fifteen (15) Grand Prizes): One (1) Royal Wedding on TLC chocolate gift box. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $10 USD. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Limit one prize per person.
5. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are sole responsibility of winners. Grand Prize Winners will be notified by email, phone, Twitter message, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Contest; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to the use of his or her name and/or photograph for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within http://www.discovery.com, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or for any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, processing of entries; the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, [b] failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [d] damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer or the contents thereof; [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or [f] any damage to prizes during shipping or delivery. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and/or proof of employment by a cable or satellite operator. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at an authorized web site address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This contest is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 1, 2011 to: ROYAL WEDDING WEEK Contest Winner, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
SPONSOR: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.