via press release:
“The Comedy Awards” Delivered Double Digit Gains On COMEDY CENTRAL During The Sunday, April 10 Premiere At 9:00 P.M.
During The Two-Hour Telecast P18-49 Ratings Were Up +80%, P18-34 Were Up +90% And M18-34 Were Up +71%.
#1 Entertainment Show In Cable With M18-34 In Its Time Slot
“The Comedy Awards” Reached 16.8 million Viewers Across COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike, TV Land, VH1, CMT And Logo
“The Comedy Awards,” delivered huge double digit ratings gains for COMEDY CENTRAL during the Sunday, April 10 premiere at 9:00 p.m. -- with P18-49 up +80%, P18-34 up +90% and M18-34 up +71%. The two-hour event was the #1 entertainment show in cable in its time slot. The telecast on COMEDY CENTRAL averaged 1.4 million viewers.
- On COMEDY CENTRAL, the two-hour special averaged a 1.33 M18-34 , a 1.10 P18-34 rating and 0.81 P18-49 rating
- The first-ever multi-network, multi-platform, annual event dedicated to honoring and celebrating the world of comedy, reached an unduplicated cume of 16.8 million viewers during its Sunday night telecast across COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, VH1, CMT, TV Land and Logo. COMEDY CENTRAL scored the highest of all networks with an unduplicated cume of 5.9 million viewers.
- “The Comedy Awards” delivered huge double digit gains on Sunday night. Compared to the timeslot benchmark, P18-49 were up +80%, P18-34 were up +90% and M18-34 were up +71%.
- Timeslot - #1 entertainment show in cable with M18-34
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day data.
- The buzz around “The Comedy Awards” continued on Twitter with over 21,000 mentions on Sunday. Live tweeting by Stephen Colbert, “The ” writers, Norm Macdonald, Kenny Powers, Lisa Lampanelli, Russell Brand and others helped drive this success.