ABC’s ‘Food Revolution’ Opens Solidly, ‘Body Of Proof’ Grows in Week 3
via press note:
With the 2nd-season premiere of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, DWTS Results Show and Body of Proof, ABC finished as the 2nd-most-watched network on Tuesday night to CBS, topping NBC by 4.1 million viewers and Fox by 7.1 million viewers.
- Building year to year for the 4th consecutive week, the Net grew its audience from the same night last year (4/13/10) by 1.0 million viewers, over an all-original schedule (DWTS Results/Lost/V).
From 8-9pm against CBS’ top-rated NCIS and the first hour of NBC’s 2-hour The Biggest Loser: Couples, ABC’s Season 2 opener of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution improved over its Season 1 average by 8% in Total Viewers and built over its year-ago April season finale (on 4/23/10) by 1.3 million viewers and by 8% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC unscripted series grew its Adult 18-49 audience by from its first half-hour to its second half-hour by 7%.
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution produced the series’ 2nd-most-watched regular telecast, behind only its first-season premiere (on 3/26/10).
ABC’s DWTS Results Show finished as the most-watched TV show in the 9 o’clock hour for the 3rd consecutive week. In addition, the ABC dancing results show stood as Tuesday’s #1 TV show across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54). Boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard was the third celebrity to be eliminated from the show this season.
- DWTS Results Show generated sizeable year-over-year increases, jumping by 25% in Total Viewers and by 20% in Adults 18-49 over the same night last year.
In the 10 o’clock hour against established first-run dramas on CBS (The Good Wife) and NBC (Parenthood), ABC’s Body of Proof ranked #1 for the 3rd week in a row in Total Viewers and key Adults (AD18-49/AD25-54). In fact, ABC’s Body of Proof beat out CBS’ The Good Wife (+25%)and NBC’s Parenthood (+25%) by strong margins among Adults 18-49.
- Increasing its lead-in retention out of DWTS Results for the 2nd week running (83% vs. 75% the prior week), Body of Proof grew its Adult 18-49 audience week to week (+4%). The show was also up week to week in Adults 18-34 (+15%) and with key Women: W18-34 (+11%) and W18-49 (+6%)
- The new drama improved the hour year to year for ABC by 5.6 million viewers, by 14% in Adults 18-49 and by 31% in Adults 25-54, over the year-ago night with an original V coming out of an original Lost.