via press note:
CNN's Royal Wedding/Nielsen Fast National Data for Friday, April 29, 2011:
* CNN's coverage of the Royal Wedding (4:00a-10:00a) delivered 1.662 million total viewers and 714k P25-54, up 473% and 500% over the prior 4-Friday performance, respectively.
* CNN was top rated in both total viewers and P25-54, topping second-place FXNC by 7% among total viewers and 52% among P25-54. CNN also out-performed third-place MSNBC by 164% among total viewers and by 146% among P25-54 (4:00a-10:00a).
* This is CNN's best 4:00a-10:00a P2+ delivery since the day after the 2008 Presidential Election (November 5, 2008) and its best P25-54 delivery since news of the Japan earthquake hit last month (March 11, 2011).
* Piers Morgan's special coverage of the Royal Wedding (8:00p-10:00p) delivered 1.286 million total viewers and 397k P25-54, up 121% and 139% over prior 4-Friday performance, respectively. This represents CNN's best 8:00p-10:00p among both P2+ and P25-54 since March 20, 2011 (start of crisis in Libya).
* Anderson Cooper's Royal Wedding Special (10:00p-12:00m) delivered 940k total viewers and 331k P25-54, up 43% and 40%, respectively, over prior 4-Friday performance.
This is CNN's best 10:00p-12:00m P2+ and P25-54 delivery since April 8, 2011 (Congressional Budget Deal reached).
CNN's Cume Delivery (4:00a-10:00a):
*CNN registered a total audience cume delivery of 9.634 million, up 152% over its prior 4 Friday average, and 4.056 million P25-54, up 180% over cume delivery achieved the prior 4 Fridays.