via press notes:
ABC ranked #2 on Wednesday to an Idol-led Fox among Adults 18-34, leading CBS by 19% and NBC by 73%.
- Building its numbers over the same night last May Sweep with viewers and young adults, ABC grew its overall Wednesday audience year over year for the 17th time in the last 20 weeks.
Opposite the first half-hour of Fox’s doubled the numbers of NBC’s among Total Viewers (+122%) and Adults 18-49 (+100%).and CBS’ : Redemption Island at 8pm, ABC’s
- Season to date, is TV’s 2nd-biggest year-to-year gainer (behind only ) among returning broadcast series, jumping by 23% in Total Viewers over its performance in the 8:30pm half-hour at the same point last season.
- built over its most-recent original telecast two weeks ago in viewers (+4%) and young adults (+5%). The show posted its best results since the beginning of March (3/2/11).
At 8:30pm, ABC’s freshmanbeat out the second half-hour of NBC’s by 2.0 million viewers and by 45% in Adults 18-49.
- Growing week to week by nearly 1.0 million viewers and by 7% in Adults 18-49, ABC’s most-watched telecast in 9 weeks – since 3/2/11. marked its
Jumping from its lead-in against the third half-hour of Idol at 9pm, ABC’s Wednesday’s #1 scripted TV show for its 21st consecutive original telecast this season in the key young adult sales demographic.was the dominant scripted program in its slot among Adults 18-49, beating runner-up CBS’ by 31%. The ABC sophomore comedy registered as
- Season to date, ABC’s fastest-growing TV show on the broadcast nets, up over the same point last year by 26% in Total Viewers and by 24% in Adults 18-49. is the
Gaining week to week in the 9:30pm half-hour, ABC’sbeat out Fox’s Idol-led Breaking In by 6% among Adults 18-34 to rank as the #2 series in its half-hour. Showing competitive balance, it was also the #2 series in its time slot with Men 18-34 and Women 18-34.
- best ratings in 3 months with key Women (W18-34/W18-49) – since 2/2/11. ’s numbers built week to week by 5% in Adults 18-49 and by 19% in Adults 18-34. In addition, the ABC sophomore comedy posted its
From 10-11pm, ABC’s back-to-back airings of 9-week-high in the time period with Adults 18-49 and a 16-week high with Adults 18-34 – since 3/2/11 and 1/12/11, respectively.produced a
- drastically improved Wednesday’s 10 o’clock hour year to year for ABC in Adults 18-49 (+33%) and Adults 18-34 (+88%), over original drama programming on the same night last year.