via press release:
New Series Premiere Ranks Third In Key Demo Among All Ad-Supported Cable Networks in its Time Period
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network’s new original series “Why Not? With Shania Twain,” which premiered Sunday, May 8 at 11 p.m. ET/PT, debuted as the highest rated premiere to date outside of launch weekend for the network and posted triple digit growth across all key demos versus year ago Discovery Health numbers (.80 W25-54, 839,000 total viewers; +321% W25-54, +230% P2+ vs. YAGO). The series ranked third in its timeslot in the key female demo among 88 ad-supported cable networks. “Why Not? with Shania Twain” moves to its regular time period Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT this week (May 15).
“We are grateful Shania and The Judds were willing to trust us to share their compelling life stories in a way we have never seen before,” said Lisa Erspamer, chief creative officer, OWN. “We are thrilled that viewers are tuning in to spend their Sunday nights with OWN.”
Additionally, for the fifth consecutive week, Sunday night originals posted double digit gains across all key demos versus Discovery Health year ago numbers.
“Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes” (Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT) posted its fifth consecutive week of double digit growth in the key female demo versus year ago numbers (+94% W25-54).
The finale of “The Judds” (Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT) ranked #19 in timeslot among 88 ad-supported cable networks and posted double digit growth in the key female demo throughout the entire season versus year ago numbers (+85% W25-54).
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Why Not? with Shania Twain (11 PM)
· .80 W25-54/ .84 HH/ 839,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +321% W25-54, +223% HH, +230% P2+ versus YAGO May ‘10.
· Ranked #3 among ad-supported cable networks in the time period.
The Judds (10 PM)
· .48 W25-54/ .63 HH/ 555,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +85% W25-54, +85% HH, +51% P2+ versus YAGO May ‘10.
· Ranked #19 among ad-supported cable networks in the time period.
Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes (8 PM)
· .33 W25-54/ .33 HH/ 311,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +94% W25-54, +32% HH, +23% P2+ versus YAGO May ‘10.
· .36 W25-54/ .43 HH/ 402,000 P2+.
· Growth vs. DHLTH benchmarks: +57% W25-54, +48% HH, +35% P2+ versus YAGO May ’10.
Source: Nielsen Media Research
OWN ratings are coverage ratings.
*DHLTH represents Discovery Health
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network debuted on January 1, 2011 at 12 p.m. ET/PT, and is currently available in approximately 67% of homes in the United States and 80% of cable homes.