via press release:
NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR "THE 38TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY® AWARDS"
Awards to Be Broadcast Live from Las Vegas, Sunday, June 19
On the CBS Television Network
Awards to Be Hosted by Emmy Award Winner Wayne Brady
Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
CBS Receives 42 Nominations
Nominations were announced today for THE 38TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY® AWARDS, to be broadcast live for the second year in a row from the Las Vegas Hilton in Las Vegas, Sunday, June 19 (8:00-10:00 PM live ET/delayed PT) on the CBS Television Network.
As previously announced, Emmy Award winner Wayne Brady, host of CBS's "Let's Make a Deal," will host the awards. In addition, Pat Sajak of "Wheel of Fortune" and Alex Trebek of "Jeopardy!" will receive Lifetime Achievement Awards.
CBS's "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful" both received nods for Outstanding Drama Series, while "The Price is Right," the longest-running game show in television history, received a nomination for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Show. In addition, Wayne Brady was nominated for Outstanding Game Show Host for his work on "Let's Make a Deal."
Following is a list of selected categories and nominees announced this morning:
OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES
- "The Bold and the Beautiful" (CBS)
- "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)
- "All My Children" (ABC)
- "General Hospital" (ABC)
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Susan Flannery, as Stephanie Forrester "The Bold and the Beautiful" (CBS)
- Michelle Stafford, as Phyllis Summers "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)
- Colleen Zenk, as Barbara Ryan "As the World Turns" (CBS)
- Alicia Minshew, as Kendall Slater "All My Children" (ABC)
- Debbi Morgan, as Angie Hubbard "All My Children" (ABC)
- Laura Wright, as Carly Corinthos Jacks "General Hospital" (ABC)
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Christian LeBlanc, as Michael Baldwin "The Young and the Restless" (CBS)
- Michael Park, as Jack Snyder "As the World Turns" (CBS)
- Maurice Benard, as Sonny Corinthos "General Hospital" (ABC)
- Ricky Paull Goldin, as Jack Martin "All My Children" (ABC)
- James Scott, as EJ DiMera "Days of Our Lives" (NBC)
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW -- ENTERTAINMENT
- "Rachael Ray" Syndicated
- "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Syndicated
- "Live with Regis and Kelly" Syndicated
- "The View" ABC
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW – INFORMATIVE
- "Dr. Phil" Syndicated
- "The Doctors" Syndicated
- "The Dr. Oz Show" Syndicated
OUTSTANDING TALK SHOW HOST
- Rachael Ray – "Rachael Ray" Syndicated
- Dr. Travis Stork, Dr. Andrew Ordon, Dr. Jim Sears, Dr. Lisa Masterson – "The Doctors" Syndicated
- Dr. Mehmet Oz – "The Dr. Oz Show" Syndicated
- Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa – "Live With Regis and Kelly" Syndicated
- Sherri Shepherd, Barbara Walters, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg – "The View" ABC
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Pat Sajak
- Alex Trebek
A complete list of nominees, tabulated by the independent accounting firm Luz & Carr, LLP, is available athttp://www.emmyonline.tv/.
Associated Television International (ATI) will produce the show, with ATI President and Emmy Award-winning producer David McKenzie serving as executive producer.
The Daytime Emmy Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production and are presented to individuals and programs broadcast from 2:00 AM-6:00 PM during the 2010 calendar year. THE 38TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS is a presentation of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in cooperation with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
About The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a professional service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and the promotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy Award for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime Entertainment, Daytime Creative Arts & Entertainment, Public & Community Service, Technology & Engineering, and Business & Financial Reporting. Regional Emmy Awards are given in 19 regions across the United States. NATAS also presents the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Global Media Awards™, which recognize excellence in the world-wide intersection of digital entertainment and technology . Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs, including National Student Television and its Student Award for Excellence for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public. For more information, please visit the Web site at www.emmyonline.tv.
About Associated Television International
Associated Television International is an Emmy Award-winning company that has been successfully producing and distributing television series, specials and feature films for over three decades. ATI's programs have aired on all U.S. broadcast networks, major cable channels and with television partners all over the world. Current series in production include "Heroes Among Us," "Elizabeth Stanton's Great Big World," "World's Funniest Moments," and the Emmy-nominated "Laura McKenzie's Traveler." ATI has also been Emmy-nominated for its socially conscious programming and won for "America's Invisible Children" and "On the Edge: The Poverty Crisis in Africa."