via press release:
DISNEY XD PREMIERES MARTIAL ARTS-THEMED SITCOM "KICKIN' IT" AND SEASON TWO OF REIGNING HIT "PAIR OF KINGS," MONDAY, JUNE 13
Disney XD delivers a comedy kick-start with the Season 2 premiere of its No. 1 series "Pair of Kings," the premiere of the martial arts-themed sitcom "Kickin' It" and a new episode of "I'm in the Band," MONDAY, JUNE 13 (8:00 – 9:30 p.m., ET/PT).
(Editors please note: for photos and videos visit: www.disneyxdmedianet.com. Registration required.)
"Kickin' It" follows Jack who joins the underperforming Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy and teaches a group of neighborhood goofballs about life, karate and how to just plain kick it. Disney XD will premiere brand new episodes of "Kickin' It" MONDAY, JUNE 13-THURSDAY, JUNE 16 (8:30 p.m., ET/PT). Throughout the premiere nights, the reality interstitial series "Martial Arts Boot Camp" will take viewers behind the scenes for an exclusive look at the karate training for world class martial artist and series' star Leo Howard and the "Kickin' It" cast.
Reigning Disney XD hit "Pair of Kings" returns for a second season as fraternal twins and royal heirs Boomer and Brady continue their quest to successfully reign over their quirky island nation of Kinkow and become kings of legend. In its most recent original telecast, "Pair of Kings" hit series highs in Total Viewers and its target kid and boy demos, becoming Disney XD's No. 1 original series telecast ever in Kids 6-14, Tweens 9-14 and Boys 9-14.
The multiplatform roll-out is:
Tuesday, May 24
- DisneyXD.com launches a "Kickin' It" show page featuring a new game "Dojo Dodge," where players must pass a martial arts training exam by collecting dojo equipment before it touches the ground.
Tuesday, May 31
- "Kickin' It" series premiere will be made available as a free preview on iTunes.
Tuesday, June 7
- DisneyXD.com will launch an interactive video activity where users can master martial arts moves and combinations demonstrated by the "Kickin' It" cast, and "Hollywood Rumble," a new game based on "Kickin' It," where players must pass the ultimate test by defending themselves against an army of ninjas while avoiding obstacles at the legendary Bobby Wasabi Hollywood Studio.
Monday, June 13
"Pair of Kings" Season Two Premiere (8:00 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Kings of Legend: Part One," while trying to prove that they are the Kings of Legend, Boomer and Brady accidentally bring Zadoc, an ancient evil statue, to life, consequently putting the entire island in extreme danger. The twins cede the throne to Lanny for the better of Kinkow and depart on a balloon voyage back to Chicago for good, until the balloon catches a wind and sends them plummeting straight to the Dark Side of the island.
"Kickin' It" Series Premiere (8:30 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Wasabi Warriors," a cafeteria food fight leads a group of underdogs from the Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy to meet Jack, a hotshot skater who saves their lunch with his martial arts skills. When Jack literally flies through the wall of the dojo in a perfect martial arts stance, the gang knows they have found the one person who can restore glory to their struggling dojo.
"I'm In The Band" (9:00 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Weasels on a Plane," Simon Craig books Iron Weasel a concert in New York and loans the band his private jet. The guys accidentally get on the wrong plane and, when their student pilot refuses to land it, the band must take matters into their own hands. Thinking they will never make it off the plane, they confess their secrets to each other, putting their friendship in jeopardy.
Directly following the premiere on-air, the premiere episodes and a brand new episode of "Pair of Kings" and "Kickin' It" will become available exclusively on DisneyXD.com/Premieres.
Tuesday, June 14
- "Kickin' It" series premiere launches on Disney XD on Demand available via AT&T, Charter, Cox, Time Warner and Verizon; Disney XD Mobile VOD available via AT&T U-Verse, MobiTV, Sprint and Verizon; along with Xbox Live and Sony Playstation.
"Kickin' It" (8:30 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Fat Chance," Milton falls off a ladder while trying to place his spelling bee trophy in the award case and is caught by the school janitor, Nakamura, a former sumo wrestler. When Nakamura demonstrates a signature move for the gang at school, he gets fired. Feeling responsible, the gang arranges for a comeback sumo match so Nakamura can prove he's still got what it takes.
Wednesday, June 15
"Kickin' It" (8:30 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Dummy Dancing," Truman, a bratty kid whose dad controls the mall's security, captures a video of Eddie practicing for the school dance with a punching dummy. In order to protect Eddie from online embarrassment, the gang bands together and uses Jack's martial arts skills to sneak into Turner's dad's office and obtain the evidence.
Thursday, June 16
"Kickin' It" (8:30 p.m., ET/PT)
- In "Dojo Day Afternoon," when Arthur, the obnoxious son of the owner of the mall, joins the Bobby Wasabi dojo, Rudy bends over backwards to please him. But Arthur rubs everyone the wrong way, and after an altercation with Jack, Arthur's dad insists that Rudy kick Jack out of dojo or he will bring in a wrecking ball and turn the dojo into a parking lot. Rudy proves his loyalty to Jack and the gang by chaining himself inside the dojo.
About "Kickin' It":
Located in a strip mall and run by Sensei Rudy, the Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy is the worst dojo in the nationwide Bobby Wasabi chain and is in danger of closing. But everything changes when Jack reluctantly joins the dojo and meets his new crew -- tough guy and slacker Jerry, awkward yet confident Milton and the lovable, uncoordinated Eddie. Also joining the Wasabi crew is confident martial arts expert Kim. The gang soon realizes their newfound friendship will take them places they never quite imagined and, united, they can become unstoppable.
Starring in "Kickin' It" are Jason Earles ("Hannah Montana") as Rudy, Leo Howard (Disney Channel's short-form series "Leo Little's Big Show") as Jack, Mateo Arias ("Cold Case") as Jerry, Dylan Riley Snyder (Disney's Broadway Musical "Tarzan") as Milton, Alex Christian Jones as Eddie and Olivia Holt ("Black & Blue") as Kim.
"Kickin' It" was created by Jim O'Doherty ("Grounded for Life," "3rd Rock from the Sun"). He and Marc Warren ("JONAS L.A.," "Cory in the House," "That's So Raven") serve as executive producers. Joey Scott ("Growing Pains") is the producer. The series is produced by It's A Laugh Productions, Inc. "Kickin' It" airs regularly Monday nights at 8:30 p.m., ET/PT and carries a TV-Y7 parental guideline.
Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand showcasing a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for Kids age 6-14, hyper-targeting boys and their quest for discovery, accomplishment, sports, adventure and humor. Disney XD branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD is seen on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network that reaches over 78 million households via its basic cable and satellite affiliates. Disney XD channels are in the UK, France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Greece, Turkey, Latin America, Japan, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and The Netherlands.