via press release:
CBS WINS THE 2010-2011 SEASON IN VIEWERS
CBS is America's Most Watched Network for the Eighth Time in Nine Years
Network Places Second Behind Fox and Ahead of ABC and NBC in Adults 18-49 for the FIFTH Consecutive Year
CBS has the #1 Scripted Program on all SEVEN Nights of the Week
Network Has 12 the Top 20 Programs in Viewers, Including the Top Five Dramas and Top Two Comedies
CBS Has More Top 10 Scripted Programs Among Adults 18-49 Than any
CBS Has the Season's Top New Comedy ("Mike & ") and Drama ("Hawaii Five-0") Among Adults 18-49
"Two Drama Among Adults 18-49" is the #1 Drama/Scripted Program in Viewers for the Second Consecutive Season and the Number
"" is the #1 Comedy in Viewers and the Number Two Scripted Program Among Adults 18-49
With two nights remaining, CBS will win the 2010-2011 television season in viewers, the Network's eighth victory in the past nine years, according to Nielsen most current ratings through Sunday, May 22.
CBS will also place second in adults 18-49 for the fifth consecutive year and second in adults 25-54. Among adults 18-49, CBS will finish with more adult 18-49 viewers (3.8m) than ABC (3.2m) and NBC (3.1m)
In a sign of the network's broad reach and demographic strength across the schedule, CBS will finish the season with more programs ranked among the Top 25 in adults 18-49 (8) and adults 25-54 (13) than any other network.
Among the top 10 scripted programs in adults 18-49, CBS has four (, #2; , #4; , #6 and , #10), more than Fox (3) and ABC (3).
CBS has the season's #1 new comedy in viewers and adults 18-49 (MIKE & MOLLY) and the #1 new drama in adults 18-49 (HAWAII FIVE-0).
Additionally, and HAWAII FIVE-0 ranked as two of the top three new dramas in viewers.
The Network had the #1 scripted program on all SEVEN nights—Monday (); Tuesday ( ); Wednesday ( ); Thursday (THE ); Friday ( ), Saturday (CRIMETIME SATURDAY) and Sunday ( : MIAMI).
, the top scripted program/drama for the second consecutive year also ranked as the number two drama in adults 18-49 (just -0.1 behind " 's ") and ahead of " " in its time period.
Despite a season of which nearly half its episodes were rebroadcasts, matched "The " in adults 18-49.
Among viewers, CBS had the top five dramas—, NCIS: LOS ANGELES, THE , and and the top two comedies— and .
CBS season highlights:
- More time period winning programs than all the other networks combined in viewers (11) and more than any other network in adults 25-54 (8).
- CBS had seven of the top 20 programs among adults 18-49 (most of any network)
- Four of the Top 10 programs of the season in viewers: NCIS (#5), NCIS: LOS ANGELES (#7), THE (#9) and (#10) and 12 of the Top 20.
- CBS was the #1 network in DVR lift, averaging an additional +1.16 million viewers with 7-day playback
- CBS has four of the top 10 most played back shows, more than any other network: HAWAII FIVE-0 (#4, +2.28m), THE (#5, +2.22m), (#8, +2.11m) and (#9, +2.0m).
- #1 in viewers and key demographics in the Monday-Friday 10 PM hour leading into affiliate late local news.
- CBS had 7 of the top 15 programs among adults with household incomes of $125K+,(NCIS, THE , , TWO AND A HALF MEN, , THE MENTALIST and NCIS: LOS ANGELES), more than any other network.
- CBS will win the May sweep in viewers for the 9th consecutive year and 10th in the last 11 years.
NATIONAL NIELSEN SUMMARY - PRIMETIME
SEASON-TO-DATE RATINGS REPORT (09/20/10-05/22/11)
CBS 7.1 12
NBC 4.4 7
ABC 5.3 9
FOX 5.5 9
CBS 3.8 10
NBC 2.8 7
ABC 3.0 8
FOX 3.9 10
CBS 2.9 8
NBC 2.3 6
ABC 2.5 7
FOX 3.5 10
CBS 1.9 6
NBC 1.9 6
ABC 1.9 6
FOX 3.0 10