Spike TV And Gametrailers.com Score Big With Record Breaking Viewership During The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)
via press release:
SPIKE TV AND GAMETRAILERS.COM SCORE BIG WITH RECORD BREAKING VIEWERSHIP DURING THE 2011 ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT EXPO (E3)
Digital Coverage Was The Biggest Live Streaming Online Event in Viacom History
Live On-Air, Online And Mobile Broadcasting Give Spike And GT Their Most Watched E3 To Date With Over 10 Million
Spike TV and GameTrailers.com created the most comprehensive multi-platform E3 coverage ever for the gaming industry’s biggest event. “GameTrailers TV Presents E3 All Access Live” was a multi-screen initiative that delivered five hours of LIVE coverage on Spike TV and over 20 hours of LIVE streaming coverage on multiple platforms including GameTrailers.com; Spike.com, Facebook, Mobile (iPhone, iPad and Android devices). In addition, the Xbox 360 E3 Media Briefing was shown live on the MTV Times Square billboard. “GameTrailers TV Presents E3 All Access Live” was the biggest live streaming online event in Viacom’s history and was seen by over four million people on Spike TV.
Ratings Highlights Include:
· GameTrailers TV Presents E3 All Access Live” kicked-off Monday June 6 on Spike TV with five hours of LIVE on-air coverage including an exclusive broadcast of the Xbox and EA press briefings as well as first looks at games such as Mass Effect 3 and Batman: Arkham City. The broadcast was seen by over 4.0 million people and earned the #1 cable rating in its day part for the male demo.
· Spike TV and GameTrailers.com had their most successful E3 show coverage to date with over 10 million combined online and on-air viewers from June 2-9. Spike TV’s on-air programming was seen by more than 4.4 million people, including 3.1 million men* while GameTrailers.com garnered more than 11 million visits and 5.7 million unique visitors throughout the entire week of the convention**.
· GameTrailers TV Presents E3 All Access Live” was the biggest live streaming event in Viacom’s history, with over 3.4 million streams via online, mobile and Facebook over the two days.***
· GameTrailers.com had over 20.6 million total video streams of coverage, both live and on-demand. GameTrailers posted over 900 videos during the week of E3.
· Spike’s extensive E3 coverage included world exclusive first-looks at the top 40 games at the show including Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, BioShock Infinite, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Gears of War 3, Saints Row 3, Resistance 3, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Ninja Gaiden 3, Twisted Metal, Prey 2, and Prototype 2.
· Spike TV’s E3 coverage kicked off its week long coverage with the “GTTV E3 Preview” episode on Thursday June 2, which was the highest rated episode in the show’s four year history
· Tweets from fans and viewers, using #GTE3, during the LIVE event received over 80,000 mentions on Twitter and several Spike/GT related terms were trending topics (gte3, gametrailers, spike, deadliest warrior)
*Nielsen NPower, 1+ Min Qualifier, 6/2/11-6/6/11, 6 TC, Spike Coverage
**Omniture; 6/2/11 – 6/9/11
***Akamai Media Analytics