ABC’s Kimmel Sees its Strongest Ratings in Over 2 1/2 Years
via press note:
During the week of June 6, 2011, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live grew its Adults 18-49 audience for the 6th consecutive week to post its best numbers in more than 2 1/2 years – since w/o 11/3/08. JKL was also up week to week in both Total Viewers (+7%) and Adults 18-34 (+9%), delivering its best performance in the young adult demo in nearly 1 year (since w/o 6/14/10).
In addition, JKL increased its overall audience year to year for the 12th time in the last 13 weeks and grew its Adult 18-49 audience over the year-ago week for the 5th time in 6 weeks.
- For the week of June 6, among key Adults 18-34, ABC’s JKL was the #2 late-night entertainment broadcast program, beating CBS’ The Late Show with David Letterman (+35%), NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (+12%), CBS’ The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (+83%) and NBC’s Last Call with Carson Daly (+121%). In addition, ABC’s JKL topped TBS’ Conan (+15%) and Lopez Tonight (+132%).
- On Tuesday (6/7/11), JKL stood as the #1 broadcast talk show in late-night in Adults 18-34. In fact, Tuesday’s telecast, which featured guests Paris Hilton, Scripps National Spelling Bee winner Sukanya Roy and Sara Bareilles, was the ABC late-night program’s best telecast on any night in late-night in over 1 year in Adults 18-49 and 2nd-best in nearly 1 year in Adults 18-34 – since 5/25/10 and 6/17/10, respectively.
- JKL also ran as Thursday’s #1 late-night broadcast talk show in both Adults 18-34 and Adults 18-49. Thursday’s airing (6/9/11), which featured guests Kathy Griffin, J.J. Abrams and Friendly Fires, qualified as the ABC late-night program’s strongest telecast on any night in late-night in almost 5 yearsin Adults 18-34 and 2nd-best in over 1 year in Adults 18-49 – since 6/15/06 and 5/25/10, respectively.
- ABC’s JKL beat CBS’ Letterman by a solid 35% in Adults 18-34, topping the CBS late-night program in 4 of 5 nights of the week: Monday (+1%), Tuesday (+117%), Thursday (+90%) and Friday (+4%).
- ABC’s JKL topped CBS’ Ferguson by 25% in Total Viewers to score its 13th consecutive win. JKL beat Ferguson by an impressive 83% in Adults 18-34 and by 51% in Adults 18-49, leading the CBS late-night program in 4 of 5 nights of the week in all three Nielsen measures.
- With its 11th win in 12 weeks, ABC’s JKL bested TBS’ Conan by a massive 66% in Adults 18-49.