via press release:
STELLAR DEBUT OF UNIVISION’S NEW REALITY COMPETITION “PEQUEÑOS GIGANTES” (LITTLE GIANTS) REACHES 7.6 MILLION VIEWERS
Network outperformed ABC, CBS and FOX in the time period among Adults 18-49, Women 18-49 and Women 18-34
MIAMI, FL – JUNE 20, 2011 – Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, announced today that the two-hour premiere of its newest Sunday reality competition, “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants), produced by Televisa, reached 7.6 million Total Viewers 2+, who tuned-in to some or all of the two-hour broadcast. The show helped position Univision as the #1 broadcast network among all Kids 2-11 and outperformed ABC, CBS and FOX in the time period among Adults 18-49, Women 18-49 and Women 18-34. In addition, the “Pequeños Gigantes” premiere episode averaged an impressive 4.2 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.2 million Adults 18-49, 1.2 million Adults 18-34, 1.4 million Persons 12-34 and over half a million Kids 2-11 (558,000).
The program features 28 children and seven judges coming together to create a heartfelt and unique talent competition that seeks to find the most-gifted child entertainers. Future singers, actors, dancers and comedians take the stage to deliver their best, but in the end, only one will take home the ultimate prize. For in-depth coverage of “Pequeños Gigantes,” visit Univision.com online or on your mobile phone. Users can view exclusive interviews and tons of behind the scenes photos. Contestant performances and profiles will also be featured on the site, and interactive polls and versus will keep users engaged throughout the season.
“An incredibly emotional and uplifting talent competition, ‘Pequeños Gigantes’ is another example of family-friendly programming that resonates well with Hispanic America,” said Luis Fernandez, president, Entertainment & Univision Studios. “This collaboration between Televisa and Univision is an example of the magnificent results our enhanced partnership can deliver.”
Additional Network Highlights:
- Grew its second hour by impressive margins: Total Viewers 2+ (+13%), Adults 18-49 (+13%), Men 18-49 (+9%), Women 18-49 (+18%), Adults 18-34 (+19%), Persons 12-34 (+19%) and Kids 2-11 (+19%).
- Made Univision the #2 broadcast network among Men 18-34, behind FOX, and the #3 broadcast network among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-34, Men 18-49 and Persons 12-34 from 9:00 pm-11:00 pm.
- Ranked among the Top 5 programs last night on broadcast television: Adults 18-49 (#4 Rank) and Adults 18-34 (#5 Rank).
- Across all reality programs that have aired on the Univision Network, “Pequeños Gigantes” ranked among the Top 5 premieres across all key demographics, including Total Viewers 2+ (#3 Rank), Adults 18-49 (#5 Rank), Adults 18-34 (#5 Rank), Persons 12-34 (#5 Rank) and Kids 2-11 (#3 Rank).
Source: The Nielsen Company, Sunday (06/19/2011), Univision’s “Pequeños Gigantes” premiere telecast (9:00 pm-11:00 pm) based on NPM Fast National Ratings and English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings (7:00 pm-11:00 pm). Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (visitors included). Live+SD.
- Univision’s premiere of “Pequeños Gigantes” was also the #1 broadcast program during the time period in the following markets:
- Among Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and People 12-34 in Los Angeles, Miami, Houston, , San Francisco and Sacramento.
- Among People 12-17 in Los Angeles, New York (tie), Houston, , San Francisco and Sacramento.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI time period ratings (6/19/11). Live+SD.