via press release:
Boosted by a growing The Bachelorette and: Weight Loss Edition, ABC ran a dominant on Monday night, leading its closest competitors by 1.8 million viewers (NBC) and by 50% among Adults 18-49 (Fox). The Net ranked #1 in all 6 half-hours of the evening in the key young adult sales demo.
- Adding to its winning streaks on the evening, ABC registered as Monday’s most-watched TV net for the 16th straight week and ranked #1 in Adults 18-49 for the 12th week running. In fact, ABC is now delivering its longest Adult 18-49 Monday winning streak since at least September 1991 – pre-dating Nielsen’s electronic database.
- Drawing its biggest audience on the night this summer, ABC generated its most-watched summer Monday since the beginning of August last year – since 8/2/10.
At 8pm, ABC’s The Bachelorette won time slot for the 6th week in a row, defeating its closest competition in the 2-hour time period by 2.7 million viewers (NBC) and by 56% in Adults 18-49 (Fox).
- Continuing to stand as Monday’s #1 TV show in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, ABC’s The Bachelorette registered as Monday’s most-watched program overall for the 5th week running.
- Building week to week in viewers (+3%) and young adults (+9%), The Bachelorette posted its strongest performance in 3 weeks – since 6/6/11.
Exhibiting impressive lead-in retention (92%) during the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s won its time period for the 2nd week in row among Adults 18-49, defeating NBC’s original drama (Law & Order: Los Angeles) by 53%. In addition, the ABC unscripted series finished #1 its hour for the 5th consecutive week across all key Women demographics (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54). The show once again gained viewers and young adults first half-hour to its second half-hour and built on its lead-in across the key Men demos (M18-34/M18-49/M25-54): Weight Loss Edition
- Surging over the prior week by double-digit percentages in Total Viewers (+12%) and Adults 18-49 (+15%), best-since-premiere numbers. : Weight Loss Edition marked a
- EM: Weight Loss Edition produced substantial year-to-year improvement for ABC in the hour in viewers (+33%) and young adults (+35%), from the same night last year (6/28/10) with an original True Beauty.