via press release:
HLN POSTS STRONG YEAR-OVER-YEAR MONTHLY RATINGS GAINS – INCREASING +79% IN PRIME AND +48% IN TOTAL DAY IN THE DEMO
HLN Tops MSNBC in Total Day and Prime, Outperforms FNC at 2p, 3p & 4p in June
Prime and Dayside Programming Posting Best Month Ever; Experiencing Triple and Double Digit Gains vs. Prior Year
JUNE 28, 2011—HLN increased a substantial +86% in P2+ (982k vs. 529k) and +79% in P25-54 (292k vs. 163k) in M-Su prime and +98% in P2+ (601k vs. 303k) and +48% in P25-54 (192k vs. 130k) in total day vs. June 2010, posting its best month ever in both dayparts among total viewers. In addition, HLN topped MSNBC in M-Su prime and total day in P2+ and P25-54, and was #1 in cable news outperforming FNC at 3p and 4p in both demos and at 2p in P25-54.
HLN programming highlights include:
- (8p) grew +85% in P2+ (1.5M vs. 815k) and +87% in P25-54 (452k vs. 242k), marking its best month ever in total viewers and its best since Feb 09 in P25-54, ranking #2 among cable news for the month in both demos at 8p. In addition, dramatically closed the gap with The O’Reilly Factor in both demos, besting the FNC show by +24% in P18-34, and was the third most watched cable news program in the demo in June.
- HLN’s newest hit, (9p) increased +90% in P2+ (1.2M vs. 622k) and +120% in P25-54 (339k vs. 154k), ranking #2 in both demos at 9p across cable news.
- The Show (10p) up +73% in P2+ (862k vs. 497k) and +48% in P25-54 (273k vs. 184k), posting the show’s best month ever and ranking #2 in both demos at 10p across cable news.
- Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell (7p) grew +110% in P2+ (991k vs. 471k) and +87% in P25-54 (312k vs. 167k), experiencing its best month ever and ranking #2 in both demos at 7p across cable news.
- HLN News at 2p, 3p and 4p ranked #1 in P25-54 among cable news networks, posting triple and double-digit gains: +85% (191k), +254% (322k) and +278% (355k), also ranking #1 at 3p and 4p in P2+: +382% (1.3M) and +456% (1.3M).
- Launched on May 2, HLN Special Report, hosted by Vinnie Politan, (5p) posted triple digits gains, up +379% in P2+ (1.1M vs. 229k) and +209% in P25-54 (309k vs. 100k).
- with Vinnie Politan (6p) also posted triple-digit gains, up +242% in P2+ (919k vs. 269k) and up +136% P25-54 (288k vs. 122k), posting its best month ever and ranking #2 in both demos for the hour among cable news.
In Q211, HLN’s M-Su prime increased +12% in P2+ (549k vs. 490k) and +8% in P25-54 (170k vs. 158k), and total day +23% in P2+ (357k vs. 290k) and flat in the demo (128k).
Driven by the Casey Anthony trial, HLN digital properties have also experienced significant gains, including:
- ’s Facebook fan page has more than 634,000 fans, 37,000 of which joined in June.
- Since the Casey Anthony trial began the fan page has experienced:
o More than 49,000 new fans
o 378,000 total likes and comments
o Daily average of 11,000 likes and comments, double the daily average from April 2011
Source: Facebook insights
- As of June 28, key HLN accounts covering news of the Casey Anthony trial had more than 226,000 followers, including (below are follower counts and % increase over April):
o @HLNTV had 30,000 followers up 81%
o @NancyGraceHLN had 58,900 followers up 229%
o @Vinnie Politan had 85,000 followers up 355%
o @TeamNancyHLN had 17,800 followers since it launched on May 10th, the account is up 225% since the trial began
o @Ryansmithtv had more than 6,800 followers up 640%
Source: Twitter & Twittercounter
(all data based on June 11 vs. June 10 unless otherwise noted)