Univision Was #1 Broadcast Network in Primetime for the Week with Adults 18-34
via press release:
Univision was the #1 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-34, out-delivering FOX, ABC, NBC and CBS for the entire week
Univision was the #2 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-49, out-delivering FOX, ABC, and CBS for the entire week
Univision Broadcast Prime Highlights – Week of June 20, 2011 to June 26, 2011
- Univision was the #2 broadcast network in primetime among Adults 18-49, out-delivering FOX (+20%), ABC (+30%) and for the fifth consecutive week out-delivered CBS (+64%).
- Univision also ranked #1 broadcast network for the entire week among Adults 18-34, out-delivered FOX (+41%), ABC (+81%), NBC (+37%), and CBS (+210%).
- Univision ranked #1 on Friday night among Adults 18-49 and for the 12th consecutive Friday among Adults 18-34 airing the top three most watched programs on broadcast television with #1 “Triunfo del Amor” (Triumph of Love), #2 “Teresa,” and #3 “Rosa de Guadalupe.”
- Univision out-delivered two or more of the English-language broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, NBC or FOX) on every night last week among both Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34.
- During the summer months Univision is up +12% among Total Viewers 2+ , +17% among Adults 18-49 and +12% among Adults 18-34, the greatest audience increase of all the broadcast networks.
- Thus far in 2011, Univision continues to be the #3 broadcast network averaging more Adults 18-34 viewers than CBS and NBC
- Season-to-Date, Univision continues to post year-to-year primetime audience increases among Adults 18-49 (+9%) while the English-language broadcast networks are reporting audience declines (ABC -8%, CBS -8%, NBC -12%, and FOX -5%); Univision’s audience also increased among Total Viewers 2+ (+7%) and Adults 18-34 (+8%).
- Compared to the same week a year ago, Univision’s audience continues to increase among Total Viewers 2+ (+14%), Adults 18-49 (+18%), and Adults 18-34 (+14%).
- From 9PM to 10PM, Univision’s novela “Triunfo del Amor” garnered the #3 spot for the network this past week among Adults 18-49 and #1 among Adults 18-34.
- Led by “Teresa”, Univision ranked as the #3 broadcast network for the week from 8PM to 9PM among Adults 18-49 and #1 among Adults 18-34.
- This past week marked the conclusion of the 2011 Copa Oro as Univision aired the tournament’s semifinals and final matches. The 2011 Copa Oro finished as the most successful Copa Oro in Univision’s history with 20 Million viewers tuning in to some or the entire tournament. Copa Oro 2011 posted audience increases versus Copa Oro 2009 among Total Viewers 2+ (+51%), Adults 18-49 (+51%), and Adults 18-34 (+50%).
ü On Wednesday night the 7PM Univision’s broadcast of the semi final match between USA vs. Panama was most watched non-Mexico Gold Cup match ever on the network delivering 3.2 Million Total Viewers 2+, 2 Million Adults 18-49 and 1 Million Adults 18-34.
ü Following the USA vs. Panama match at 10PM on Wednesday night, 10.9 Million Total viewers 2+ tuned in to all or part Univision’s Gold Cup Semi Final match featuring the Mexican National team versus the Honduras National team. The semi-final match ranks as the fourth highest sports telecast of all time on Univision among Total Viewers 2+ (7.1 Million), Adults 18-49 (4.5 Million), and Adults 18-34 (2.7 Million).
ü Univision’s 2011 Gold Cup final match between USA vs. Mexico on Saturday night at 9PM became the record breaking highest-rated primetime sports telecast to ever air on Univision. The Gold Cup final was the #1 program of the night among Total Viewers 2+ (8 Million), Adults 18-49 (4.7 Million), and Adults 18-34 (2.8 Million).
- On Sunday night, Univision’s talent competition “Pequeños Gigantes” (Little Giants) was among the top 5 programs for the night among Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34 making Univision the #3 broadcast network for the night among Adults 18-49 (2.2 Million) and #2 among Adults 18-34 (1.2 Million).